Highlighted
Johnk31
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Soundbar 700 universal remote and Sky Q

Hi all, I’m having trouble connecting my SKY Q and the Universal Remote. I’ve been using Sky UK as the source and then can’t get past device code, none of the codes on my box work here.

Help 🙂
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 universal remote and Sky Q

Hi Johnk31,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• When going through the remote programming, were you able to input the model number of the cable box from the advanced setup?
  • Have you been able to reboot the soundbar and router since the codes are stored in the cloud?  
  • The IR blaster actually isn't in the Bose controller, but in the front of the soundbar.  If the cable box is in a cabinet or shelf under the soundbar, it may not be receiving the signal.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Johnk31
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the quick reply. Really appreciate it.

1. No not able to enter the model number and I used everything Sky provided me.

2. I haven’t rebooted the bar or router should I?

3. The Sky Q box is in the cupboard should to remove to test setup first?
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Johnk31,

Thanks for the update!  I definitely recommend proceeding with steps 2 and 3 and let us know if either option helps with the programming.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Jack Nisbet
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Hi all,
I’m having a similar problem.
Did you work out what it was?
Is there any documentation?
I’m also using Sky UK as the ‘brand’. I manually added the model number which it recognised but no commands are being sent to the SkyQ box. Rebooting the sound bar made no difference. Do I need to reboot the WiFi router? Any other suggestions?
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Jack,

Thanks for writing in!  It sounds like you have the right code, but the cable box may not be receiving the signal from the soundbar.  The universal remote has to first communicate with the soundbar via Bluetooth, from here the soundbar sends an IR signal through it's blasters on the front.  If the cable box is in a cabinet below it, then you may also need to reach out to support in your area for an IR emitter to see if this helps with the programming.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A