Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 update 4.10.18

@Leekemp

That's great you have some functionality.  Obviously, the other features need to be addressed as well.

I will leave that up to Bose.  I just wanted to make sure my fellow consumers could at least get by until this issue is addressed.  Especially, during these holidays.

Thanks for the update, Lee.  Mine is still working great actually.  (via WiFi) lol...

Take care,

Sik

Highlighted

Hello ranjit22002@gmail.com,

Thank you for the post.

I'm sorry to hear this sound that you were experiencing. If this were to happen again, I would suggest bypassing a surge protector you may be using. Sometimes surge protectors, especially if you multiple devices plugged into them can cause EMI issues.

Let me know if this happens again.

Best Regards,

Joel - community Support

ranjit22002@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Thank you for reading my post. Awesome response. Yes I am using surge protector. Will now remove that. Thank you.

I was worried due to that sound, if any thing bad would happen to the brand new sound bar (my love at the moment 🙂 )  What is that EMI you mentioned? Is it normal.

Hi ranjit22002@gmail.com,

Thanks for the reply. 

EMI is otherwise known as Electromagnetic interference. This can cause weird or unknown noises in certain devices if there are too many electrical components close to each other or using the same surge protector which can draw power away from other devices plugged into it.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Joel 

ranjit22002@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Thank you for explaining.

Kyaw
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

Hi Greg, 

I am the new user of soundbar and Alexa. I bought that yesterday. For me, the Alexa is not responding with my voice. The light indicator is flushing white as in the manual, like listening, thinking and responding but no voice coming from the sound bar. Like for eg. "Alexa, what is today weather?". No response coming out and I tried other various orders but no sound coming out. The sound comes from the soundbar when opens the TV.

Thanks

John 

Community Manager

Hi Kyaw,

Thanks for posting!

• Since this issue has occurred, have you been able to reset the soundbar by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?
  • Also, is the soundbar connected to the network over Wi-Fi or ethernet?

Let us know so we can further assist you!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Mike1956
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 6, 2018

Just brought Bose 700 sound bar and I am having the same problem. Alex just stop working. I order to get it working again you have unplug and replug your sound bar back in. Alex will work for a while and then just stop working for no reason. And I know how Alex works as I have several echo and dots around my house and they all work great.
Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

@Mike1956 and @Kyaw. Please read and try this from my previous post.  It's a temporary solution until the Ethernet issue is resolved.

I was having similar issues regarding, Alexa vanishing from the system.  I was using an Ethernet connection directly to my router for great speed and continuity.  Your issue may be resolved if you try what I did If you're using the Ethernet connection.  If you have a little more tolerance and patience left for this system. 

Anyway, all I did was unplug my Ethernet connection from my Soundbar 700.  Then, I unplugged the power from the Soundbar.  After a couple of minutes I plugged the power back into the Soundbar.  I then setup my Soundbar via Wi-Fi ONLY.  I did not plug the Ethernet cable back into my Soundbar.  Once I completed the setup adding, Alexa via the BoseMusic app.  My Soundbar has worked fine since.

I hope this helps!

Sik

Kyaw
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

Hi Tony, I did that yesterday by restarting like you said and the sound bar is only connected with only wifi from the start. After I removed the Alexa application from the bose music application, it response for one time only. The light on sound bar is present when you speak to alexa like listening and thinking but after that no response. What to do next?

Thanks
Kind Regards