Community Manager

Re: Soundbar 700 update 4.10.18

Hi Sikwidityo

Thanks for writing in!

I'm also going to reach out to you via PM to gather a bit more information as well.  One thing to mention, is this not working after a very specific time?  Ex. it will work for 1 hour, and then the system has to be restarted for the Alexa functionality to come back?  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Hi Tonya_A,

Alexa, cuts off at random times.  It's usually within an hour after I reset it.

However, last night after speaking with support.  Alexa, stopped working after the 5th question.

I had to sign-out/in of the, Bose Music app Alexa option.  Then it worked again.

Regards,

Sik

Leekemp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

Hi

I’ve just tried logging out of Alexa on the Bose app and then logging in and nothing. Still does not work

Thanks
Lee
Bkolenda
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

I'm having the same exact issue. Did you ever resolve yours? If so, how.
Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Hi,

At this time the issue hasn't been resolved.  The engineers are working with me to resolve this problem.  I will post updates when/if anything changes.

Regards,

Sik

JeffKnapp
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

I am having same issue with Alexa. At no point has my 700 sound bar even recognized my Alexa command. I have it paired to my Alexa app and Bose music, but when I say Alexa, the sound bar light indicator doesn’t even acknowledge my voice commands. I’ve tried unplugging and powering back up to have no success. I wish there were a specific way I set up Alexa but I haven’t found anything. Please help. This is a lot of money to spend on something that is not as advertised. Please help
JeffKnapp
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Can you please let me know when it is resolved? Do I need to return my sound bar ??? Alexa not working at all
Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Hi Jeff,

@JeffKnapp

I have posted a temporary resolution in another thread that may work for you.

However, I am not sure of your setup.  Are you using an Ethernet connection to your Soundbar 700?

If you are, I suggest setting up your speakers without the Ethernet cable connected. ONLY use a WiFi connection.

I was advised the engineers are working on an issue with the Ethernet option right now.

I hope this helps.

Sik

SirDigbyChickenCaesar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2018

Thanks @Sikwidityo - I'll try this too later on. 

Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Below is the link to the temporary resolution for those that used an Ethernet connection.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Bose-Soundbar-700-Alexa-stops-responding-and-power-needs/m-...

Sik