ranjit22002@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 update 4.10.18

Me too facing this Alexa problem. Unplugged and plugged to see her work.
Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

ranjit22002@gmail.com

Did you try setting up your system with a WiFi connection?

I believe many of our, Alexa issues were resolved that way.

Bose says they are currently working on a fix for the Ethernet connection.

I hope this helps!

Sik

Leekemp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

Hi Sik

Yes setup with Wi-fi for over two weeks now and still working.

Just get a slight glitch when enabling power sync for multiple equipment. It seems to work fine but when you turn everything off with the main on/off button after a second or two it automatically turns itself off. I’ve now given up with this and disabled the function.

Also the remote not used much as pain in the backside constantly shaking it to get the lights come on it then going off after a second.

Apart from that all good!!

How you getting on?

Thanks
Lee
Bkolenda
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

After switching to WiFi, Alexa did work but only for one hour!
Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

@Bkolenda

Wow!   And you are certain that there is no Ethernet cable connected to the speaker system, right?

I'm sorry to hear that.

Sik

Bkolenda
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

It's just WiFi man. When I say "Alexa", the indicator light on the soundbar blinks red 4 times with no response from Alexa.
Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

@Bkolenda

Ah..okay.  That is usually caused by having no internet connection.  Make sure your soundbar's ip address isn't blocked from getting to the internet on your network.  I had to reset my router/modem back to default and alleviated this issue.

I hope this helps.

Sik

ranjit22002@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Friends on one occasion there was a loud sound that came from left side of the bar where the indicator light is present. It was like a shut sound. I removed all cables and fixed again and was lucky the bar was working. I was scared anyways. It was just 3 days of purchase this happened. The bar was not playing any thing when this sound appeared. Not sure why, and now is every fine - how to find. Any system check is available.
colonelsrikant
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Hi,

Initially since the time we bought the soundbar a month back, and had it configured at home by a Bose engineer who had helped us with the selection, Alexa was working fine and responding, with a white light, to all our commands; but since last few days back Alexa has stopped talking to us and instead glares back to us with a red light, instead of the earlier welcome white one. The soundbar is connected thru wifi and the wifi router is located adjacent to the soundbar, There are absolutely no problems with our other 3 room Amazon Alexas installed in other rooms for last 3 to 6 months.

It is an uncomfortable feeling putting out a considerable amount of money for a world famous Bose branded product, which is not working as promised and expected  It does not show up the value for the price already paid. Please release a rectification of Alexa problem update after thorough consultation with Amazon, and let the sufferers know. so that they can feel relieved once for all

Regards,

Sik

Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

@colonelsrikant

I know the frustration you are feeling very well.  I have been advising friends and users to reboot their routers to default by shutting it down for at least a couple of minutes.  Also, I had them check the security settings on the network.  That has worked for folks I've advised in the past.

I hope this helps!

Sik