jpetrelli
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Soundbar 700 won't link to Alexa

New Soundbar 700 will not link to Alexa.

I go to Voice Assitant/ Alexa/ Get Started/ Sign in with Alexa/ Allow... then the app refreshes to a blank page with address of "id.api.bose.io".

I have tried resetting the Bose hardware and revoking Alexa access.  The reset addressed other issues with the universal remote, but not Alexa set up.

Bose app does not really offer any other options to even explore or try.

Overall, extremely disappointed by this product set up so far.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jpetrelli
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 won't link to Alexa

Author Accepted Answer selected by jpetrelli

For anyone dealing with the same issue, I stumbled upon the solution...  I found that turning off bluetooth allowed me to proceed through setup.

I have no idea how bluetooth is a factor, being connected through wi-fi and all, but that's the adjustment that ended 2 days of failed attempts to link my Alexa account.

Overall, I give the sound system a solid B/B+ and setup and configuration an F.  Took 2 and a half days to resolve all the issues.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Hi jpetrelli,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the Alexa integration issues, but I'd be happy to help!

• To confirm, are you using an Android or Samsung device for the setup?
  • We've seen in some cases, Samsung uses it's own web browser which has caused this issue before.  If this is the case, can you set your default web browser to something like Chrome to see if this resolves the issue?  Steps can be found HERE.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
jpetrelli
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Tony A,

I am using an Apple iOS device, so the known Samsung issue does not apply.

I saw those posts but the Samsung work-around did not offer me any direction, so I posted my own issue thread.

Thank you.

jpetrelli
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by jpetrelli

For anyone dealing with the same issue, I stumbled upon the solution...  I found that turning off bluetooth allowed me to proceed through setup.

I have no idea how bluetooth is a factor, being connected through wi-fi and all, but that's the adjustment that ended 2 days of failed attempts to link my Alexa account.

Overall, I give the sound system a solid B/B+ and setup and configuration an F.  Took 2 and a half days to resolve all the issues.