Highlighted
AdrianC
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Soundbar700 not playing from tv after using bluetooth headphones

hi please help I have the soundbar 700 , excellent product, paired with samsung 8500 series 65"tv

until yesterday, when, after watching some movie on bluetooth headphones connected directly to tv, wanted to switch sound back to bose, and soundbar700 does NOT want to play the tv sound anymore!!

its connected thru ARC hdmi, i reseted samsung sound settings, i unplugged bose700, WHAT ELSE TO DO!!

i read about this issue, really thought its something from the past

BOSE you really didnt fix this?

how do i get my tv sound back on the 700?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundbar700 not playing from tv after using bluetooth headphones

Hi AdrianC,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue but I will be more than happy to assist you in resolving this problem.

Have you tried using the Bose remote to check the volume of the Soundbar is not turned down?

I'd also like you to see if the audio will play through the TV as appose to the Soundbar. 

After checking these things, If everything seems correct then I would suggest performing a soundbar reset by following these steps:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Let me know how this goes and get back to me if you need further assistance. I will be happy to help.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

AdrianC
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

hi Charlotte, looks like i need more assistance, 

alexa plays all radio stations on bose700 , no problems there, so sound is on .

tv plays sound on its own speakers like before, just not on 700,

i reconnected the hdmi cable, i restarted the tv and the 700 like you said, waiting 5 minutes after unplugging power cord

i didnt change any other settings to any devives, all i did yesterday was switching tv sound to bluetooth headphones, and after this , the bose is simply dead on my tv input

of course, the tv sound now is back on tv speakers, which used to run in parallel with the bose 700 untill yesterday

i am waiting for next suggestion form you

Hi AdrianC,

I'm sorry to hear that this doesn't work. It may seem that you need to reset the handshake between the soundbar and the TV.

Although you have already tried resetting the TV and the Soundbar separately, the following steps are recommended to reset the handshake:

1. Unplug both the Soundbar and the TV at the same time.

2. Plug in the Soundbar and let it boot up

3. On your Bose remote; press the TV source

4. Then plug your TV back in

You may also find this video on ARC, which has some troubleshooting steps, useful: Using HDMI ARC Bose Soundbar Systems

Let me know how this goes.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G