Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Woodandmusic
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Soundlink color 2 not linking to laptop despite voice saying connected and laptop saying connected.

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Re: Soundlink color 2 not linking to laptop despite voice saying connected and laptop saying conn...

Hello Woodandmusic. 

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear you're unable to get a successful connection between your speaker and your laptop. 

What computer are you trying to connect to?

Are you able to connect to other devices okay?

Do let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Woodandmusic
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Re: Soundlink color 2 not linking to laptop despite voice saying connected and laptop saying conn...

Lenovo laptop that says it is paired and connected. Speaker also says its connected. And yes speaker connects to iPhone fine. Speaker has Already been back to factory once.

Jeff_G

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

In the Bluetooth settings screen, do you see connected to voice or connected to voice and music? 

Have you been able to pair any other Bluetooth speakers/headphones to the laptop successfully in the past? 

Thanks.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Woodandmusic
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

It says voice and music. It used to work before on this laptop

Jeff_G

Thanks for getting back to me! 

Okay, so I would like you to try the following: 

1. Press the power button on the speaker, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for around 10 seconds or until you hear the voice prompt confirming the device list has been cleared. 

2. On your computer, go to the settings screen, go to Bluetooth, locate the speaker, click on it, then forget the device. 

3. Restart the computer. 

4. Reset the speaker: 

• Connect the speaker to power.
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds.
  • While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power.
  • Release the Multi-function button.
  • The system must be re-connected to power to complete reboot.

5. Power the speaker and the laptop back on.

6. Press and hold Bluetooth for a few seconds. You should see a blue LED pulsing on the speaker. 

7. Go to your laptop's Bluetooth settings and go to add a new device. 

8. Choose 'Bluetooth' as the device type. 

9. When the speaker appears on the list, choose SoundLink Color II. Don't choose the "LE-" version.

10. Click the speaker icon in your task bar, if the speaker isn't listed as the output device here, click the dropdown arrow, then choose the speaker. 

If the above fails to resolve the issue, please visit this link to ensure the firmware of the speaker is up to date, then repeat the above steps. 

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Woodandmusic
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Sorry what does reset the speaker mean? what is the multifunction button and when exactly do i plug in the speaker and unplug it and when is this different from turning speaker on. Im afraid the instructions are a bit vague for me! Really expansive description of process needed if you can. Many thanks

Woodandmusic
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Cracked it! many thanks- this worked once I had worked it all out!!!