Soundtouch 300 w/ Google Assistant and Chromecast audio

Silent Starter

Soundtouch 300 w/ Google Assistant and Chromecast audio

So, I picked up a chromecast audio thinking there was an aux input on my ST300 and found quickly there was not. I've been searching for a solution and found that there is a cable you can get that is 3.5mm to toslink. I was going to grab this but also read that if the HDMI ARC port is active you will not receive a signal to the optical port. This wouldn't be a big deal but my main use was for when I play video games with friend over we like to listen to music on the soundbar. Meaning that I'd have to unplug the HDMI arc everytime I'd want to do this and plug it back in everytime I want to switch back to game volume. This is quite the first world problem but if anyone has suggestions to how I could get this to work while avoiding this issue let me know.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Soundtouch 300 w/ Google Assistant and Chromecast audio

You could use bluetooth on the ST300 to send music from your phone etc, or upgrade to the SB700/500 to use the built in streaming options using the Bose music app or alexa and sometime in 2019 google assistant and Airplay 2.

Quiet Contributor

FYI - ARC issues also affecting the following device as well.

Things were working well for the past 7 or so months until a recent update either to the TV or the Soundbar. I suspect the sound bar since ARC audio stopped working immediatly after the bose was updated.

[LG OLED65B7A, Software Version 5.80.15]

[Bose Soundtouch 300 Software Version 20.0.6]

Hope a new update comes out soon to fix.

Community Manager

Hi Jacobk1234,

Thanks for posting!

The best recommendation here is to stream your music to the soundbar via Bluetooth so you won't have to remove the ARC connection every time.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support