Spotify Mutes After First Song on 700 and 500

Friendly Fanatic

Spotify Mutes After First Song on 700 and 500

I've noticed this occuring intermittently for a number of months now.  I start a playlist on Spotify from my phone or computer.  The first track plays fine but when the second song starts, the speaker is silent.  I can see the song is playing on my device as the progress bar is progressing.  Skipping to the next song works as does manually seeking back while the "muted" song is playing.

This occured for me twice in a row today streaming from Spotify on my OSX machine to the 700 sound bar. 

So, first track plays and then second track is silent until some kind of intervention. Post first intervention everything seems to be OK.  

5 REPLIES 5
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Spotify Mutes After First Song on 700 and 500

I've had a variation on this, too. First song plays ok. Second song silent. The only way I seem to get it back is to switch the output in the Spotify app to "this device", then switch it back to Bose. Then the 2nd song continues to play ok. Third and subsequent songs have same problem. If I power off/on the Bose 700 that fixes it, or if I just use the Bose music app to choose music instead of the Spotify app, then it seems ok. 

This has also been intermittent for me. But hasn't been a problem in the last few days, perhaps since the latest Bose music app update.

Friendly Fanatic

Good to hear... !  I've been using the 1.3.3. version of the Bose app, but in my scenario I was using Spotify on my iPhone.  I wonder if it's something to do with the Spotify Connect protocol being used?  

Friendly Fanatic

@PercyBottle wrote:

This has also been intermittent for me. But hasn't been a problem in the last few days, perhaps since the latest Bose music app update.

I spoke too soon. Happened again today (Bose Music 1.3.3)

Audible Advocate

I have the exact same problem with my Bose Home 500 Smart Speaker and my Denon AVR-S710W receiver using an iPhone X, I think this is something that has to do with Spotify Connect sync, can someone confirm this happens with Android as well? I checked the iPhone settings including WiFi and the Spotify app background refresh (enabled).

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

@lsnchzv wrote:

can someone confirm this happens with Android as well?

Yes, mine is an Android house, experiencing the problem.