Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

Spotify issue

Hi,

I have both a Home Speaker 500 and Soundbar 700. At times when I ask one to play Spotify on either device, I instead get a scrambled electronic sound from the speaker. I can still talk to Alexa and ask her to stop playing or other controls. Asking Alexa to go to the next song often works to bring it back to normal, but at least on one occassion, this didn't work.

Any ideas how I can avoid this? The scrambled sound is pretty terrible to the ears, even for a few moments until I can respond.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Spotify issue

Hi Neuralaegis,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

This is definitely not normal behaviour for the Home Speaker 500 and Soundbar 700 and I'm sorry to hear this issue has occurred. Typically in this sort of situation, we would recommend to disconnect both speakers from power for roughly 1 Minute and reconnect them to see if this stops the static audio. Alternatively, if the static noise persists after this, we would advise to factory reset the speakers. To do this please follow these links -

Home speaker 500 

Soundbar 700 

Once you have given these a go, please let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

Many thanks

Leon_C Community Support