Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mbutch
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

Spotify premium not working with Alexa voice command

I have my Spotify premium account linked to my Bose 500 speaker. However, when using Alexa as the voice operator it still functions as though I’m on the free version (i.e., when I request specific songs it just says “playing (insert song name) radio”). This is fixed when I switch the voice operator to Google but there are features on Alexa that I like more so I would prefer to use that as my voice operator. Is there any way to fix this. I’m in the United States. Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
Sam_F

Re: Spotify premium not working with Alexa voice command

Hey @Mbutch,

That's quite odd! Are you in the trial period of Spotify premium, or have you been actively paying for Spotify premium membership for a number of months?

What happens when you ask Alexa to play a specific album, artist, or playlist? Does it mention anything regarding a radio for that selection? What I'd first recommend is to remove Alexa from your speaker and then attempt to re-connect to re-sync your account. Let me know if this helps you at all.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!