Jordi
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Surround speakers do not work

Hello all,

I am running into issues with my surround 700 speakers. 

I have the 700 bar bass and surround. Bar is connected via arc on my vizio p65-F1 tv which I have set to output Dolby D. Bass and bar work great but the surround have zero volume. 

I bought the surround a few days after the bass and bar so I set it up after the initial. I have the receivers in the attic with only drywall separating them from the bar and the lights are solid white. 

I have run adaptiq and have not heard a peep from them during the whole procedure. I’m not sure if they get used but I would assume so. The app shows them in the EQ screen and I’m at wits end. 

I thought it might be my tv or Apple TV but even when playing music or testing via Bluetooth it does not work. What’s more is that the soup at will play the left/right rear sounds not the surround speakers.

please help thank you 

7 REPLIES 7
RAMSHIK
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Re: Surround speakers do not work

Hi, so as not to spark a problem for a long time why surround does not work, you need to reset your soundbar and uninstall the BOSE application. Next, connect your bass module and surround to the outlet and only after that turn on the soundbar in a couple of minutes, then go through all the setup steps in them, the system should offer you to add your bass module and surround, after that do the ADAPTIQ setup at the testing stage, your surround should make a sound . There is another problem that the surround is playing very quietly, for after adding them in the application, set the volume to -30 and after that adjust through ADAPTIQ with this technique you will noticeably hear the difference in volume.

RAMSHIK
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

In the setting, use the WIFI connection to all the surround sound settings on the TV, then do it after your surround starts playing. And for the future I’ll say right away that you won’t get surround sound through a TV amplifier. For a good sound, you need a better source, you can connect via ARC in such a TV scheme, it will transit sound from your external device to the soundbar bose. Good luck setting up !

Jordi
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

I followed all the instructions. Factory reset uninstalled unplugged everything. Ran adaptiq and still no sound. 

Do the surround speakers make noise during the calibration process? And is there a prompt on the app to show you rear directional sound during the calibration similar to how it does front left/right?

Andy_B
Community Manager

Hey @Jordi,

Sorry to hear of the difficulties you've experienced so far with the Surround Speakers. This doesn't sound normal - but you've provided some great detail.

As the wireless receivers are displaying a solid white LED each, this indicates that they're successfully paired to the soundbar. Additionally, this is further confirmed with the ability to adjust the audio playback settings for the speakers within the Bose Music app. 

You should be able to hear a thumping sound from the surround speakers during the ADAPTiQ process. There is no visual guide for this within the app. If you have access to surround sound tests with visualizations on your TV, you may be able to test this from your TV instead, however.

Have you tested any other sources connected to your soundbar, such as connecting your mobile phone or tablet via Bluetooth to the speaker? You should also be able to hear some audio play through the surround speakers from these sources. 

I'd also double-check that each speaker is assigned correctly using the physical switches on the wireless receivers - making sure one is set to the "L" position, and the other to the "R" position. If they're both set to the same position, you'll encounter issues with audio playback. It's good to firmly snap each switch to the opposite selection, then back, to ensure it's securely set to the right channel. 

If not, there may likely be an issue with the wiring. As the wires must be physically installed, have you dissembled and reassembled them using the guide from page 12 of the manual? You can find the mull manual HERE.

Hope you're enjoying the Soundbar 700, do let us know what you think of it. Looking forward to your reply.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jordi
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Thank you for the reply. 
The speakers are not making sound during the adaptiq. No thumping whatsoever. 
I have tried to do surround sound checks via Bluetooth and airplay but no luck. Music is only playing on bar and woofer. 

I have not checked the wires but I would find it strange that both are wrong. 

Hector_B

Thank you for updating us on this Jordi. 

Please do update us on the result of the wires. If they are in the correct position and the issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help. 

Sorry that this isn't something we were able to resolve via the community.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jordi
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Oh, the position and placement of the cables is correct. I thought you were referring to testing continuity of the wires. 
I will attempt to contact customer service. Thank you