Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

Surround speakers isssue with SB 700 and Bass Module

I set up my Soundbar 700 and Surround 700 speakers today. For the surround speakers, I have the one to my right side as I face the TV switched to R and the one to my left side switched to L.

When I run Adaptiq setup, as it's playing the tones, the front speakers show in the app as expected - when the audio plays from Front Left, the sound waves in the app, show in the upper left of the iphone screen. Front Right sound, the app shows sound waves in the top right of the screen.

However, for the rear speakers, it's backwards. Bottom right sound lines play from rear left and bottom left play from right. Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

Re: Surround speakers isssue with SB 700 and Bass Module

Just upgraded to the 700 from the previous surround today and having the exact same issue. I called support and no solution. I throught I was going mad. Adaptiq and 5.1 coming out wrong speaker. Switch in right hand speaker when facing TV set to R as pictured.  Requested an exchange from Amazon but sounds like a software or hardware issue with the new design. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

I actually found a test and believe this is the proper setup. I listened to Bohemian Rhapsody with headphones on and you can hear the high and low "Gallileo" in the left and right ear (right is high note, left is low note). I then played that song over the Bose 700 system - it matched the right/high and left/low notes in the rear speakers. So I think it's just poor app design.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

I’ll have to check again but I played a 5.1 audio test video on the tv YouTube app and the left and right rear were reversed. I’ll try another test video.