CrunchTheApple78
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

TV keeps turning on!

Hi, new Bose 700 soundbar user with a TV question. I have the universal remote set up to power on and off the TV plus sky box with the main power button at the top of the universal remote. All works fine when watching sky, but a weird thing happens when I play music through soundbar with Bluetooth. After I stop playing the music and turn the soundbar off with the source on/off button (not the main power button), after about 20 mins the TV and sky box turn on themselves!! What is causing this please? I can’t work it out. Ta.
12 REPLIES 12
Goran65
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

Re: TV keeps turning on!

I have the same problem. The TV turns on it self. The TV just shows HDMI 3 (Bose is connected here) and the "advert" to download the Bose app.

The remote also shows "TV" active. (Blue)

/Goran

Hello All,

Thank you both for posting.

What this sounds like is a CEC issue that is happening. To stop this from happening, you will need to adjust the CEC settings on your Soundbar 700 within the Bose Music app.

• Open the Bose Music app and choose your Soundbar 700
  • Select the system bubble down in the bottom right-hand corner
  • Choose "Settings" and navigate to "Advanced CEC"
  • Change the setting from "On" to "Alternate"

Let us know the results after testing.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
CrunchTheApple78
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Thank you for this Joel, I’ve made the change and will monitor. Can I ask what making this change has actually done within the CEC logic please? Curious! Cheers.

Hi CrunchTheApple78,

Thanks for the reply and question.

Since CEC is not a standardized protocol across all manufacturers, there can sometimes be behavior that you have witnessed. 

Changing to Alternate can sometimes resolve the inconsistencies with CEC. 

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Goran65
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

Sorry but Alternate did not help.

Some  times it takes two minutes, some  times 20 minutes and some  times i works with out any  problems.

/Goran

Community Manager

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the update!

• Have you been able to power cycle both the TV and the soundbar by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?
  • When you get the message on the TV, have you been able to download the app and setup the system?
  • There may be a setting in the TV to default to specific input.  I would recommend checking the manual or phoning the TV manufacturer to see if this setting is available for your model TV.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Goran65
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the update!

• Have you been able to power cycle both the TV and the soundbar by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?
  • When you get the message on the TV, have you been able to download the app and setup the system?
  • There may be a setting in the TV to default to specific input.  I would recommend checking the manual or phoning the TV manufacturer to see if this setting is available for your model TV.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

1: Yes, over night

2: Yes. Setup with the app no problems. Works great with both remote and app. And Bass module 500.

3: No. There are no special settings in the HDMI. It is a Philips 55PFS6609/12

It only happens (?) when I have been watching TV. When it powers on again I just power it off with the Bose remote and it never happens until next time a have watched TV. 

Community Manager

Hi Goran65,

Thanks for the reply.  It sounds like a result of the CEC feature and how it integrates with the Philips TV.  Can we try this particular reset procedure found in this video.  It may help with this even though it is geared towards ARC issues. 

HERE is a link to the video.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Goran65
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi Goran65,

Thanks for the reply.  It sounds like a result of the CEC feature and how it integrates with the Philips TV.  Can we try this particular reset procedure found in this video.  It may help with this even though it is geared towards ARC issues. 

HERE is a link to the video.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Sorry, no luck.

/Goran