dblevins
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Tablet control of Home Speaker 500

I'm downsizing from my component system to, hopefully, a Home Speaker 500. I have a large, 200-300, CD collection that have been ripped to Windows iTunes. After being synched to my iPad, I can control the Bose Store Home Speaker 500 thru wi-fi and bluetooth with the iPad. (haven't tested Alexa control of that tho)

Two configuration questions:

1) can I control my Windows iTunes thru Alexa on the HS500 by setting up my Windows iTunes folder as a "music service"? 

2) does the Bose Music App run on the Amazon Fire tablet series (they're based on Android 7, and are much less expensive than the iPads so dedicating one as a HS500 controller copying my iTunes DB over could be a cost effective alternative if I can't get to my Windows iTunes music directly thru the Windows version of Bose Music App.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Tablet control of Home Speaker 500

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Tony_A

hi dblevins,

Thanks for joining the Community!

The Smart Home speakers do not support locally stored music at the moment, but I'll certainly forward this request to our development team.  About the Amazon Fire tablet, this should work great with the Bose Music app for control of the system.

***UPDATE 12/6/18***

I just received confirmation that the Amazon Fire Tablet will not be able to run the Bose Music app as it runs a customer version of Android.  My apologies for the previous post.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Tablet control of Home Speaker 500

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Tony_A

hi dblevins,

Thanks for joining the Community!

The Smart Home speakers do not support locally stored music at the moment, but I'll certainly forward this request to our development team.  About the Amazon Fire tablet, this should work great with the Bose Music app for control of the system.

***UPDATE 12/6/18***

I just received confirmation that the Amazon Fire Tablet will not be able to run the Bose Music app as it runs a customer version of Android.  My apologies for the previous post.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support