DaltonGa_Bose901_series_6
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 15, 2019

Trying to connect Bose 901 Series VI, Equalizer Series VI, Denon DRA-685 Receiver to my DirecTv Mini

I'm trying to connect my Bose 901 Series VI speakers, Equalizer Series VI & Denon DRA-685 Receiver to my DirecTv Mini Genie. I purchased a Digital Optical to Analog RCA Audio Converter Adapter via the digital audio cable from the mini genie to the converter, connected the converter to my receiver via the rca cables to (tried both) the VCR and V.Aux ports and all I got was static.

Am I doing something wrong? Maybe have a bad converter or RCA cables?

All I'm trying to do is use my stereo / 901's to listen to my DirecTv sound..

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

TIA

Paul

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Trying to connect Bose 901 Series VI, Equalizer Series VI, Denon DRA-685 Receiver to my Direc...

Hello Paul,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

First, we should check the connections of your equalizer to your receiver. The good news is that the Denon DRA-685 is listed here as having the correct connections for the 901 Series VI speakers. Your EQ should be connected to the Main Amp In/Pre-Amp out. To assist here is a link to the 901 Series VI Manual

Second, determine if the Genie Mini is able to be connected directly to a receiver without a TV. All the information I was able to find online shows that the Genie Mini should connect to a TV and then send audio out from the TV to a receiver. DirecTV may be able to provide guidance here.

From there it should just be a matter of connecting the converter output to your selected input on the receiver.

If DirecTV confirms you can go directly to the receiver, then you might check the converter on another device/setup to verify function.

Let us know what you find. Good Luck! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support