Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harrybo916
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

Tunein not working with google assistant

Hello, I have a Bose home speaker 500 setup with google assistant.

When I ask for a radio station the assistant answers saying it’s playing the station on Tunein then promptly follows up saying it can’t find it. When I go into the Bose music app and choose Tunein I can find the station manually and play it fine, so the station is there.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Harry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Tunein not working with google assistant

Author Accepted Answer selected by Harrybo916

Hello Harry,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with Google Assistant and TuneIn on your Home Speaker and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to clarify, does this happen with any radio station we request? Or is it just one particular station that does this for us?

I would recommend we start by power cycling the speaker, we want to disconnect the speaker from power for 30 seconds then reconnect to the power and test it again.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Tunein not working with google assistant

Author Accepted Answer selected by Harrybo916

Hello Harry,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with Google Assistant and TuneIn on your Home Speaker and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to clarify, does this happen with any radio station we request? Or is it just one particular station that does this for us?

I would recommend we start by power cycling the speaker, we want to disconnect the speaker from power for 30 seconds then reconnect to the power and test it again.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post