Universal Remote, trying to pair new devices

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer

Universal Remote, trying to pair new devices

Hi there. 

Recently purchased the Soundbar 700, aweswome by the way!

Waited for the update in order to fully utilise my remote with other devices.

After a few hours of customer service treatment, it was all to no avail, was even informed that I cannot connect to my viewing box but I CAN connect my other remotes to the Soundbar! Not what I am after in a universal remote, so, undettered, I soldiered on.

Firstly, we have a 'Freesat' viewing box. I have tried pairing with both the manufacturer of the box (Humax) and the term 'Freesat. Eventually after a few attempts it found the 'Freesat', ie I was able to turn it off from the app. It ended there, the remote will not work my viewing box.

Before I start the second area, bear with me while I briefly talk you through my setup...

Panasonic TV, Soundbar is connected to HDMI 2 (ARC). Freesat and Xbox are connected through the TV via other HDMI connections, all of which are HDR compatible. Now, apparently I can also pair my Xbox to the remote, it states this on your website. All I wish to use this for is when watching films on it. I am unable to do this for unnknown reasons.

Now it is rare for me to use forums, but I have now exhausted all efforts and am stuck, I cannot figure this out! Anyone out there with the same problem? Anyone that has sorted it out? Is my setup wrong?

Please help.

5 REPLIES

Re: Universal Remote, trying to pair new devices

Hi Sledge

Thanks for posting in the Community!  I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with the remote, but I'd be happy to help!

• Have you been able to program anything successfully with the remote like the TV?
  • Can you provide the model number of the actual cable box?
  • I can't seem to find anything on our site regarding the Xbox specifically.  Would you be able to link it here?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Wistful Whisperer

Hi Tony and thank you for your response Smiley Happy 

Okay, update...the link for the xbox thing is https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/Using-a-Bose-Universal-Remote-to-control-Xbox-One/t... . I do realise that this is for the soundtouch, I just assumed that it would also work for the 700. If it is not meant to, no biggy really.

The freesat box, ~I have had a few more attempts at it. It goes through the power off thing, power on thing, the menu, and it seems it is all set up. Select an icon to use on the remote, then try to use the freesat functions...nothing. 

It is a Humax Hdr1100s .

Let me know if you require more information.

Many thanks 

Hi Sledge,

Thanks for the update!

I'm going to escalate this to our development team to see if they have any further insights.  It's very strange that when you go through the test commands it's registering, but won't maintain the connection.  After the app shows that it was connected successfully, if you go back to the remote settings, does the source still show up under Connected Devices under Source Buttons?

Let us know so we  can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Wistful Whisperer

Hi Tony, 

Yes the source still shows up. Once pressed all of the lights on the remote illuminate. Nothing works as far as the freesat source goes. The freesat source is still there under the app, all looks fine, weird huh!?

Hi Sledge,

That's great info, thanks!

I'm going to reach out you via PM to gather a few more pieces of information so we can get this up to our software team.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A