Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeTro
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Using multiroom speakers as "optional" satellite speakers for bose soundbar

Hi.

I have had the Bose Noise cancelling 700 headphones for a year now and I'm quite fond of them.

Because of the quality level i am "CONSIDERING" to stepping over to Bose for my other speakers.

I am the owner of a Sonos Playbar and a couple of small Play1 and PlayONE speakers.

In my current setup, I have a playbar directly connected and located in front of my TV in the living room and my smaller Play1s and PlayONEs are spread throughout the house.

When I invite friends/family to come for movie-night, i pick up two of the smaller speakers and place them behind the couch.

Then I tell the Playbar to grab those two speakers and use em as those 'rear surround/satellite' speakers for a more immersive surround experience.

My question is: "Can I do this with bose? Like use the same 'rear surround/satellite' speakers as separate multiroom speakers and only combine when necessary?"

Or does Bose expect me to buy separate speakers for rear-surround and separate speakers for MultiRoom?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Using multiroom speakers as "optional" satellite speakers for bose soundbar

Author Accepted Answer selected by NeTro

Hi NeTro,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700s.

In regards to your questions about our home cinema systems, our Soundbar 700 and 500 can be used singularly or add an additional bass module or rear speakers if you would like a 5.1 experience. 

As for using multi room. through the use of the Bose Music app you can group additional smart home products together through your WiFi network. One thing I would like to note, if you plan on grouping these together with your soundbar in order to reference towards video, due to the processing between the products it is likely you will experience an audio to video delay. Because of this, I believe it is better to have the rear speakers attached to your soundbar to avoid disappointment.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by NeTro

Hi NeTro,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700s.

In regards to your questions about our home cinema systems, our Soundbar 700 and 500 can be used singularly or add an additional bass module or rear speakers if you would like a 5.1 experience. 

As for using multi room. through the use of the Bose Music app you can group additional smart home products together through your WiFi network. One thing I would like to note, if you plan on grouping these together with your soundbar in order to reference towards video, due to the processing between the products it is likely you will experience an audio to video delay. Because of this, I believe it is better to have the rear speakers attached to your soundbar to avoid disappointment.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

NeTro
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Well thanks for the quick response.

I guess i'll hang on to Sonos systems then for the rest of the home audio, until Bose figures how how to sync wifi-multiroom to work as surround speakers for the soundbars.