Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyryll
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Will AirPlay 2 and Bose SimpleSync work in conjunction?

I am researching the new smart home speakers range and am very happy about the new ability to hook up my QC 35 and SoundLink Micro to the Home speaker and play music on all of them in sync via SimpleSync. That's a huge break-through! 

However.... Bose Music app doesn't currently support Apple Music as a service, which is a big drawback for me as that had been my default service for years and I'm not looking to change having built up quite a music library there. 

Alternative to this (as I understand) is to AirPlay music/radio from my iPhone to say Bose Portable Home Speaker while it's hooked to my SoundLink Micro using SimpleSync. And that <IN THEORY> should allow me to play any media from my iPhone or iPad on both Bose speakers in sync. Would that work? 

If it does, a Bose Home Speaker goes straight on my shopping list and Sonos One that I use right now goes up for sale.... Please let me know which one it would be. 

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Will AirPlay 2 and Bose SimpleSync work in conjunction?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kyryll

Hey @Kyryll,

That's a great question! I took the time to test this with a couple of Bose products of my own - the Home Speaker 500 and QuietComfort 35 II headphones.

What I found is that you can play AirPlay audio to the connect SimpleSync product - which is great news!

I first connected the headphones to the HS500 in the Bose Music app using SimpleSync. Then, opened the Apple Music on my iPhone and played music, which was then coming from both Home Speaker and headphones.

I hope this helps you out! Let me know if you have any further queries regarding this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kyryll

Hey @Kyryll,

That's a great question! I took the time to test this with a couple of Bose products of my own - the Home Speaker 500 and QuietComfort 35 II headphones.

What I found is that you can play AirPlay audio to the connect SimpleSync product - which is great news!

I first connected the headphones to the HS500 in the Bose Music app using SimpleSync. Then, opened the Apple Music on my iPhone and played music, which was then coming from both Home Speaker and headphones.

I hope this helps you out! Let me know if you have any further queries regarding this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Kyryll
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Hey @Sam_F 

Thanks a lot for running a check on this for me! That’s really great news as now I can have my whole sound ecosystem from Bose. Kudos for innovation effort hands down! 

Now just need to add that Apple Music support to your music app and it’s straight aces on Bose’s part 😎😉