Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arkaonline
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

bose home speaker 300 not connecting to google assistent on iphone

hi,

I got a new Home Speaker 300, I am able to connect to Alexa but I getting constant error when trying to connect to Google Assitant,

When I try to connect from Bose Music app , I am getting this error "oops that didn’t work  , try connecting using the Voice Assistant Settings". When I am trying to connect to my device from the Google Assistant settings , I am getting this error " Hmm. You will need to use the Bose Music App to setup your Google Assistant"

I am going insane trying this out. Can some one from Bose please help ??

I got this Device just today and I am already fed up with it.

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: bose home speaker 300 not connecting to google assistent on iphone

Hi arkaonline,

Welcome, thanks for posting!

When trying to set up Google Assistant are you following the steps shown HERE? If not, I would definitely recommend doing so as this is the best way to add Google Assistant to your speaker!

One thing you will want to consider as well is that you are only able to have Google Assistant or Alexa added to the speaker at any one time. You can't have both voice assistants enabled at the same time. If you have enabled Alexa, and are having trouble changing over to Google Assistant, try removing Alexa from the speaker first by following THESE steps.

You'll also want to make sure Google Assistant is supported in your country on the Home Speaker. We haven't yet brought support for Google Assistant and Alexa on the Home Speakers to all countries yet, so it is possible that Google Assistant is not available in your country yet. You can find the full list of supported countries on our website HERE.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!