cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leigh J
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

iHeartRadio not showing in Bose Music App (Australia)

Hi

I've been unable to get the iHeartRadio service via the Bose Music App in Australia. My understanding is this should be available to Australian users.

Product - SoundBar 500

Music App - Android v3.4.1 (Xiaomi MiA1 phone on Adnroid 9 (1 June 2002 patch)

Manage Music Service options

• 'Authorise your favourites' - shows Spotify, Deezer (note - I only have free accounts so can't 'link'
  • 'Ok, try something new' - shows Music

I use Opera as my default browser. I have 'allowed pop ups' on both Chrome and Opera. I've removed and reinstalled both iHeart Radio and the Bose Music app - but this hasn't changed anything.

Logins

Music App, Spotify, Deezer use a gmail login. iHeartRadio uses a yahoo account. Could the different email address cause iHeartRadio not to be found? Even without logging into iheartRadio, the Bose Music App doesn't 'show' it in the list.

Can you please assist/confirm this should show as expected?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: iHeartRadio not showing in Bose Music App (Australia)

Author Accepted Answer selected by Leigh J

@Morlock is correct, iHeart Radio is not available in Australia. Currently, you can use Spotify, Amazon, and TuneIn. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

As far as I am aware Iheart radio has never been on the Australian Bose devices.  They currently use Tunein and previously had Vtuner through soundtouch devices.

Vicky_W

Author Accepted Answer selected by Leigh J

@Morlock is correct, iHeart Radio is not available in Australia. Currently, you can use Spotify, Amazon, and TuneIn. 

I hope this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

JeffChang
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Same thing happened to me today, it keeps flashing for a while. I can’t play Spotify from Spotify app or Bose app. TuneIn works.

Any update on when this is getting fixed?

Jessie_O

Hi JeffChang, 

Thank you for your post!

Are you also located in Australia?

Are you also experiencing the same issue with iHeart radio?

I would recommend removing the Spotify Music Service from your Bose Music application in the settings menu. Once complete, re-add the service.

Let me know how you get on. 

bolter
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

This is not correct, iheartradio is available on bose devices in Australia. I live in Tasmania Australia and am currently listening iheartradio and have done so for at least 6 months. The only thing I can't do is add an iheartradio channel as a preset. I am running a Bose home speaker 500. Also I beleive I'm correct in saying that iheartradio was mentioned as a service available in the documentation that came with my unit. But it does not show up in the Bose app.

Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

What Bose device are you listening to iheart radio on?  I would assume that you are actually playing on your device and streaming through to a Bose speaker, since I have had SoundTouch and Home Speaker devices and it has never appeared in the SoundTouch or Bose Music apps in Australia.

It may be in some of the documentation because as a global device it is available in some countries (just like Pandora, Deezer etc).  However if you check websites/marketing in Australia it only ever mentions TuneIn radio.  So there should have been nothing you would have seen prior to purchase that implies it is available. 

bolter
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

It is playing directly from the smart speaker, as I have no other devices to receive iheartradio from apart from my phone. I just ask Alexa to play a channel from iheartradio and it does.

Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Ah, in that case I think Alexa is the source, not the smart speaker.  I assume when you go into the Bose app, it doesn't show up there?  

That looks similar to my TV.  It's a Sony with Chromecast built in and while I can't play Stan straight from the TV I can ask google to play xxx and it casts it to the TV.

Honestly I didn't know it could do that, especially considering when it was released you couldn't even play Amazon music that way in Australia.