michael.w
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

if I connect my sony tv via a mini-jack to the aux port on my home speaker 300 will it work?

i am trying to find a way of using my home speaker as an output from my sony tv which has really poor sound despite being a new model. The tv has a mini-jack port for headphones but no blutooth. I see you can buy a cable that connects a mini-jack to a mini usb connector. Would this work between my tv and the aux channel on the speaker? Clueless when it comes to this type of thing! Will be cheaper than buying a sound bar.

1 REPLY 1
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: if I connect my sony tv via a mini-jack to the aux port on my home speaker 300 will it work?

@michael.w wrote:

i am trying to find a way of using my home speaker as an output from my sony tv which has really poor sound despite being a new model. The tv has a mini-jack port for headphones but no blutooth. I see you can buy a cable that connects a mini-jack to a mini usb connector. Would this work between my tv and the aux channel on the speaker? Clueless when it comes to this type of thing! Will be cheaper than buying a sound bar.

I dont think that will work. There are issues around synchronizing the audio with the picture. There is a Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar that is designed for what you want to do that is affordable. Check to make sure the TV has the correct connection ports. Optical is best.