MusicMutant
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

"Spotify isn't available yet in your country" ~ Alexa

Hi,

Spotify just released in India few hours ago...I have premium account , linked it to devices, phones, speakers, apps, macs and even set a preset in the Bose music app and it plays perfectly fine!.... But when I ask alexa to play, I get the above response ...

Please advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Spotify isn't available yet in your country" ~ Alexa

Author Accepted Answer selected by MusicMutant

Hi Bosemutant,

Thank you for your post in regards to setting up Spotify service with your Bose system. I am very happy to hear that you are able to play your music through the Spotify service on the Bose Music app - we hope you are enjoying the sound of your speaker!

For this particular problem, I would advise to try and re-enable the Spotify Connect skill in the Alexa App, to re-establish the connection between Alexa and your Spotify premium account. If this does not work for you - we advise checking for any Amazon Alexa updates that may be required in response to this new Spotify update.

We hope this resolves your issue for you - please do let us know if you have any enquiries about using your system through the Bose Music app. We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Warm Regards,

Sam - Community Support

3 REPLIES 3

Author Accepted Answer selected by MusicMutant

Hi Bosemutant,

Thank you for your post in regards to setting up Spotify service with your Bose system. I am very happy to hear that you are able to play your music through the Spotify service on the Bose Music app - we hope you are enjoying the sound of your speaker!

For this particular problem, I would advise to try and re-enable the Spotify Connect skill in the Alexa App, to re-establish the connection between Alexa and your Spotify premium account. If this does not work for you - we advise checking for any Amazon Alexa updates that may be required in response to this new Spotify update.

We hope this resolves your issue for you - please do let us know if you have any enquiries about using your system through the Bose Music app. We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Warm Regards,

Sam - Community Support

Sandeep.S
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

Pls let me know how this worked.

I went into the amazon alexa app on iOS > settings > music. Here I can see Amazon Music, TuneIn and Saavn. No Spotify.

MusicMutant
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

@Sandeep.S wrote:

Pls let me know how this worked.

I went into the amazon alexa app on iOS > settings > music. Here I can see Amazon Music, TuneIn and Saavn. No Spotify.

Hi Sandeep,

You need to go through couple of steps

1. Connect your "Premium" Spotify Account in BM app (there is a section to add new Music service to your Bose account)

2. Go to Alexa App and go through Skills sections and search for Spotty Controller and enable the skill

Actually this Skill is a 3rd party skill and not officially from Spotify. I looked into Spotifygear.com and only Amazon Echo devices are listed to be voice enabled... Our Bose speaker is not officially listed, so the above is a workaround!