rrylie
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

remote control

I bought a spare remote from bose for my soundbar 700 so my wife and I could each have one beside our chairs. Bose claims that 2 remotes cannot be used. I can use 2 cable remotes. Is bose technology that far behind the cable people? Also 2 seconds for the light to be on is unreal. Nobody is that fast. Has anyone figured out how to use 2 remotes?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: remote control

Hi rrylie,

Thank you for the post, and welcome to the community.

The Soundbar 700 is only able to support one remote at a time.  The reason behind this is because the remote control is connected to the soundbar using Bluetooth.  This allows us to update the codes in the remote to support new devices.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
GorFex
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

Re: remote control

I did the exact same thing.  My wife and I MUST have two remotes...it is a must.  She is disabled and it is difficult to only have one remote between the two of us.   Bose Support said the same thing...it's Bluetooth, and only one remote will work.  I guess they aren't sensitive to customers who have disabilities!!! 

At first I was pretty peeved about it, but then once I realized how terrible the fast-dimming backlight is, I knew we'd not be using one of these remotes, let alone two of them!

We use our LG TV remote and a Logitech Harmony remote.  The Harmony does control the Bose 700, and between Alexa and the LG remote, we can make due.

Very disappointing though, because the universal remote was one of the main reasons we went with the Bose setup over Sonos.