Highlighted
pablo.custer@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

1) sleep mode for Bose Home Speaker 500 2) option to show clock during playback for Home Sp. 500

Hi!

I bought a new Bose Home Speaker 500 and the intention was to replace an old "Alarm Radio Clock" which included ultra basic functions such as:

1) sleep mode (auto switch off after an specific amount of time, i.e. 30', 60', etc).

2) display the clock (the current time) during playback of music or radio shows (and not only in stand-by mode).

3) alarm to play radio or music at a given time.

Are these basic functions not available?

If yes: where/how?

If not: will they be included in future software updates of the Bose Music app?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Re: 1) sleep mode for Bose Home Speaker 500 2) option to show clock during playback for Home Sp. 500

Hello, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community, those are some great questions that I would be more than happy to answer for you!

1. There is no option on the speaker to have auto-off functionality at the moment. 
  2. There is not an option to have the clock displayed while listening to music as this is where the artwork for the media is displayed. 
  3. At the moment there is no functionality for an alarm for media, however, there might be some third-party applications that you can use in conjunction with the Home Speaker 500. 

I will happily pass the feedback you have mentioned here on to the development team for you!

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support