Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

2 set of Sorround 700 speaker to BOSE SOUND BAR 700 system

I bought Bose 700 Sound Bar more than year ago including BASS 700 Module and Sorround avaible on that time ending 2018 year , everithyng works perfectly,

This 2020 I ordered an additional 2 set of Sorround 700 speaker , this time I order new Sorround 700  which I recieved February 2020 , but when I tried to add to my current Bose system App do not allow.
If I disconnect the old sorround speakers, the app allow me to add the new Sourrond 700 speakers and viceversa.
Looks like the system Bose 700 Sound bar only allow to add 1 set of sorround speakers.

I love to have 2 sets of Sorround with my Bose Sound bar 700 system, that will result in 4 sorround speakers.
Could you support me to see is this is possible to have 2 set of sorround speakers with my Bose 700 Sound Bar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: 2 set of Sorround 700 speaker to BOSE SOUND BAR 700 system

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi loy.ruiz.villa,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

You are correct, the Soundbar 500, Soundbar 700 and SoundTouch 300 speakers are all able to support 1 set of surround speakers at a time. It would not be possible to add a second pair of surround speakers to the soundbar. 

When surround speakers are connected, the soundbar produces front left, front right, and center channel audio. The surround speakers produce rear left and rear right audio channel audio. When used in conjunction with a bass module, this provides a 5.1 surround sound audio environment, as there are 5 dedicated surround channels and one bass channel. This is where you may hear the phrases "5.1" and "7.1" used with audio equipment. A 7.1 surround system would be a setting that supports two additional surround speakers, similar to that of which you question the support to.

At present, there are no Bose systems that supports 7.1 surround sound audio. However, we are continually exploring new and emerging technologies, and thank you for your feedback and interest. 

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi loy.ruiz.villa,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

You are correct, the Soundbar 500, Soundbar 700 and SoundTouch 300 speakers are all able to support 1 set of surround speakers at a time. It would not be possible to add a second pair of surround speakers to the soundbar. 

When surround speakers are connected, the soundbar produces front left, front right, and center channel audio. The surround speakers produce rear left and rear right audio channel audio. When used in conjunction with a bass module, this provides a 5.1 surround sound audio environment, as there are 5 dedicated surround channels and one bass channel. This is where you may hear the phrases "5.1" and "7.1" used with audio equipment. A 7.1 surround system would be a setting that supports two additional surround speakers, similar to that of which you question the support to.

At present, there are no Bose systems that supports 7.1 surround sound audio. However, we are continually exploring new and emerging technologies, and thank you for your feedback and interest. 

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I don't know why people keep asking this.  Evidently, they don't do their homework before wasting money on speakers they can't use.  The Bose Soundbar 700 with rear surrounds and a subwoofer is a Dolby Digital 5.1 system.  It is not, and never will be a Dolby Digital 7.1 system or a Dolby Atmos system.  You CANNOT add a second pair of rear surround speakers.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

I have the soundtouch 300 and the virtually  invisible speakers. I have also bought the surround speakers 700. Can all these be connected at the same time as my system  does not seem to be able to do this. I was under the impression that you could connect 4 speakers at one time

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

trolling LOL

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Can anyone tell me if I can pair 2 pairs of surround speakers 700 with the soundbar 700? Thanks.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Re: Can anyone tell me if I can pair 2 pairs of surround speakers 700 with the soundbar 700? Thanks.

Only one pair work

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

how do i connect 2 pairs of rear wireless speakers to the soundbar 700

I have recently purchased 2 pairs of rear wireless speakers for my Bose 700 soundbar. Only one pair of rear speakers connects to the soundbar. Can I add the second pair of rears?

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: how do i connect 2 pairs of rear wireless speakers to the soundbar 700

No, you can't.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

Adding two more 700 surrond speakers

I have 700 subwoofer +700 soundbar +700 surround speakers (rear speakers) can I add two more 700 surround speakers as front speakers?