Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

2nd Issue - Universal Remote, Soundbar 500 and Xfinity X1

OK, solved the original issue and now the Universal Remote controls the Xfinity X1.  I've discovered that I have to place the X1 at the same level and facing the Soundbar 500's left end.  That isn't a good solution.  I do recall seeing somewhere a mention that a Infrared adapter is available for the soundbar that could be placed where the X1 can see it.  Does anyone have any information on this and how I can get one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Re: 2nd Issue - Universal Remote, Soundbar 500 and Xfinity X1

Author Accepted Answer selected by carmaro44

I received the IR emitter today and took the 3 minutes necessary to install it.  It works great.  It has 3 emitters so I put one on the Xfinity X1, the TV (which was a bit nonsensitive and didn't always respond) and will put the remaining one on the Blue-Ray player as soon as I figure out where the IR receiver is on it.  Thank you very much for the solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi carmaro44,

I'm glad to hear you have been able to get the universal remote to control your cable box. I do appreciate that the positioning may not be the most convenient and I am happy to help with this.

You can indeed get an IR emitter that will work with your soundbar, so you can allow the IR signal to reach the cable box. The best way to get hold of one would be contacting your local support team, as they will be able to help with this. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

When you have the IR emitter you would want to set this up as shown HERE.  (The instructions are for an older system, but it works in the same way, with the IR port on your soundbar.)

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by carmaro44

I received the IR emitter today and took the 3 minutes necessary to install it.  It works great.  It has 3 emitters so I put one on the Xfinity X1, the TV (which was a bit nonsensitive and didn't always respond) and will put the remaining one on the Blue-Ray player as soon as I figure out where the IR receiver is on it.  Thank you very much for the solution!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

That's great to hear carmaro44! I'm glad you have got everything up and running!

If you search online for the make and model of your Blu-Ray player and IR receiver location there are often pictures from the manufacturer showing where this will be. Or you can contact the manufacturer and I'm sure they will be able to tell you.

Alternatively, with a bit of trial and error moving the IR emitter across the front of your Blu-ray player, and testing the remote, you can probably locate the receiver that way. It'll be a little more hands-on and probably slower that way though! 😉

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!