bp.sg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

5.0.14: Airplay keep stopping

Since I updated to 5.0.14, my airplay 2 no longer work as before. The audio probably 1 or 2 songs, and after that suddenly disconnected from airplay. I need to reconnect my phone back to start playing again. And at times, I need to restart my router. What’s going on again ?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: 5.0.14: Airplay keep stopping

Hi there @bp.sg .

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you're having with Airplay 2 and would be happy to look into this for you.

Firstly, have your Wi-Fi settings or phone settings updated recently (such as upgrading to iOS 13)? Sometimes new updates bring security settings that may need to be looked at to allow access to this again.

Furthermore, can I confirm that the other parts of your Soundbar (such as Bluetooth, TV audio, and music from the Bose Music app) are still working correctly?

Can I also ask that you reboot the Airplay 2 device you've been using and give this another listen?

Please get back to me when you can!

Liam W - Community Support

bp.sg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Hi Liam,

There was no update on my iphone iOS, or router firmware. I restarted my devices, router amd iPhone and it seems to happen repeatedly. Any other suggestions hou can provide?

Thanks,

BP

Hello BP,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Have you recently changed the name of the speaker, and do you have any other Airplay 2 devices that may be using the same name? This can have an impact on performance/discovery. 

Can you also confirm what source the music is coming from? Have you tried listening to different music sources? 

Finally, does the audio issue persist when you use a different iPhone/iPad? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

bp.sg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Hi Jeff

Thanks for responding. Yes, recently I changed both of my Bose Soundbar names to new ones. And they are both different from each other. And my other Airplay devices are also having distinct names. I did try to go through the power cycle steps to ensure the new name is registered properly, both the soundbars and the routers. By the way, I am using iPhone X running on iOS 12.4.1. Any pointers what could be causing the issue? 

Hello bp.sg, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

You mentioned you changed the names of the Soundbar. Are you using any unusual characters the could potentially be unsupported? (Emojis for example?) 

Further to this,  if you haven't already, can you please try to factory reset the soundbar and set it up as new once again?

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

bp.sg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Hi Jeff

nope. The name is just simple text. No special character.

would like to try resetting. But seems like my bass module is faulty now. It can’t turn on. Tried different power cable, different socket, all don’t work. Guess have to send in for repair. Will try reset after I receive back my repaired soundbar. 

bodh07@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

I had the same issue, my AirPlay was not working, later I realized bose 700 bass module stopped working, but surround speakers were functional.

Nothing changed in my phone or the name of the bar. 

To fix this I did the factory reset, but after the factory reset none of the speakers are working accept the bar itself. The status light on the bass module keeps rotating from amber to white to red.

Status light on the surround speakers is white but no sound, I am playing the 5.1 channel as before. 

My bar for now feels dead. For context, My bar is 700.

Hi there, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had separate issues regarding your accessory speakers and would be happy to look into this for you.

Firstly, let's start by manually pairing everything back through the Bose app. Please unplug both surrounds speakers and the bass module from power, and leave these disconnected. Then, open the Bose Music app, and select your Soundbar.

When selected, please select the image in the bottom right, select "Settings" followed by "Add Accessory speakers". If there are any listed there already, please remove these, then select to "Add Bose Accessory Speakers". Then connect the Bass Module to power, and wait for the app to detect this. If this doesn't detect first time, please disconnect this, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect this and try again. 

When the Bass Module is found, please repeat the above for the Surround speakers to pair these up. When paired, please go back to a 5.1 source and see if you can hear the speakers now.

If you are still unable to hear any accessory speaker, and have checked that a 5.1 source is playing, please go back to the Music app, and this time head to "Adjustments". Please adjust the Bass/Surround speaker volume to increase these, and check for the audio again.

Once you're sure all the speakers are playing again, please give the Airplay another try and let me know how you get on!

Liam W 

bodh07@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

I have tried all of this, disconnecting and reconnecting speakers, remove the speakers and add them again, reconnect the speakers after factory reset. Nothing is working, and this has been going on since the day new upgrade was pushed (Friday 6th Sept). Everything was just fine before that. 

I have called the customer care, and they walked me through almost every step in the book, but couldn't fix the issue. 

Also I am not able find what does it means when the status light on bass module rotates (amber->white->red->amber->*), and that too once I turn on the bar, before the bar is turned bass module light is amber (ready to connect) as expected. 

This seems to be an issue with the update, based on the timelines