Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisMurgs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2021

500 Home Speaker + ION Premier LP connection

I’m trying to connect an ION Premier LP to a Bose 500 Home Speaker. I’ve tried Bluetooth but can’t get it to connect (I managed to connect an older Bose Mini speaker via BT, it did it straight away) any tips? If not, should I use a 3.5mm cable from the turntable to the Aux in the back of the Bose or use the Audio out plugs in the back of the ION?

Thanks in advance!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

9 REPLIES 9
Liam_G

Re: 500 Home Speaker + ION Premier LP connection

Hello ChrisMurgs and welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for reaching out and I will be happy to assist you. 
When you activate Bluetooth on the Home Speaker 500 are you met with a pulsing blue light on the front of the speaker or are you seeing something else? 

Have you also tried any troubleshooting steps with the speaker so far? 

Looking forward to hear from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ChrisMurgs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2021

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Yes there is a blue pulsing light on the front of the speaker. I’ve managed to get my turntable to connect to the Bose Mini speaker I mentioned before (Soundlink Mini) and a JBL portable speaker.

No I haven’t done any troubleshooting apart from clearing the Bluetooth devices on the speaker

Liam_G

Thank you for providing that information. 

Clearing the Bluetooth devices on the speaker is a good place to start! Have you tried to do the same on the ION turntable as well? 
If you do have wire handy, it might be worth connecting the speaker with a wired connection for testing purposes.

Do you also have anything in the area of the turntable that could be causing an interference? 

Out of curiosity, what is the distance between the turntable and the speaker? 

Looking forward to hear from you. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
ChrisMurgs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2021

The turntable is about 10inches from the speaker! 
I don’t know that I can clear the Bluetooth devices from the ION turntable as it doesn’t have an app or reference in the manual to doing this.

I was going to try a wired connection but wasn’t sure if it should be from the aux out at the back of the turntable to the aux socket in the back of the 500? Will that be ok to do?

No other BT devices nearby 

ChrisMurgs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2021

The ION turntable manual says that the RCA outputs are line level; is the 500 aux a line level input?

ChrisMurgs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2021

I wondered if there was any more advice you give me about connecting via Bluetooth?

Liam_G

I will be happy to help you further with this ChrisMurgs, 

While we can connect the turntable via an Aux cable from the audio out of the turntable, to the Aux input on the back of the Home speaker 500. I think we should still troubleshoot more with Bluetooth. 

It is worth noting that the turntable, will try to connect to the strongest Bluetooth signal in the area. So to make sure it connects to the correct speaker, be sure that other Bluetooth devices are disabled. 

I would also suggest that when clearing the Bluetooth on the Home speaker, to then power off the speaker and the turntable, then power both back on and try pairing again. 

Let me know how you get on! 

ChrisMurgs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2021

I’ve tried that and it still fails to connect via Bluetooth.

Hector_B

Sorry to hear this ChrisMurgs, 

As the systems are still unable to connect this would lead me to believe that these two products may not be compatible to connect via Bluetooth. I'd recommend using a wired connection to do so. 

In the meantime, I would love to hear from any members of the Community that may have successfully completed this connection?