david@keywizepools.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

700 sound bar issues

I bought a Bose 700 soundbar and base few months back and continue with the same issues of after TV is on for short time the audio voice lags and on going cut in and out. I have read a few posts but cant seem to get either issues resolved. Seems this is not an isolated issue with Bose. I do like the sound however just frustrated with the inconsistency of audio delays and cut outs. Seems to get worse when tv is on for a while. Any thoughts ?? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 700 sound bar issues

Hello,

Thanks posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your Soundbar 700, that's absolutely something I can help you with today. In regards, to the voice audio lag you can adjust the settings for this in the Bose Music app under audio. As for the audio dropping out, is there any sources in particular that you notice this happening on? 

In the meantime, I would recommend performing a reset, please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Joedinapoli
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Hi I have the exact issue and persists or comes back even after the reset. It’s very frustrating and annoying. I had the previously the Cine Mate 130 and never had any problem. I upgraded for te look and I really hardly regret doing it. I’m really thinking to return them. Is there anything else I could do? Can someone help? Thanks G

Hello joedinapoli, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Soundbar 700 speaker. 

Are you connected to your television via HDMI ARC or via an optical cable? Further to this, have you tried to disconnect everything, shut power off then back on, then plug everything back in again?

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Joedinapoli
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Hello Jeff, thanks for your reply. 
I have definitely tried along with your colleagues of the technical support on the phone to turn off everything...tv and soundbar and other tools and restart everything but after a while we are back there again with the issue. I have the soundbar connected via optical cable directly to the TV. The cable console, Apple TV 4K, DVD player, etc. are all connected to the TV by HDMI cables. Let me know if there’s any hope to resolve the issue because it bothers me a lot and I’m actually seriously considering to return it. Thanks 

Hi Joedinapoli, 

Thank you for coming back to us and confirming the details! 

Does the delay get longer when the system has been on for some time?

Have you tried to adjust the audio delay in the Bose Music application? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest,

Jessie O