Apex Ditrick
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Acoustimass bass module 700 kept disconnect

I own the soundbar 700 and acoustimass bass module 700 for a year. 

I notice that recently the acoustimass bass module 700 kept auto disconnect from the soundbar. The soundbar and acoustimass bass module 700 is just 1 - 1.5M away (3 - 5ft). 

Both item has been kept in the same location since installation. 

SoundBar 700 Firmware 6.0.15-7651+0af1f35.  (unable to get acoustimass bass module 700 firmware from bose app) 

1. I verify the acoustimass bass module 700 and only saw a solid Amber LED when disconnect occur  

2. sometimes it reconnect back and appear white LED (normal) 

3. When it failed to reconnect i have to power off both Soundbar and the acoustimass bass module 700. 

4. The acoustimass bass module 700 get disconnect in the middle of movie and music.

5. My WIFI network at home remain the same. (No router has been changed so don't think is due to an wireless interference. ( I google and found that acoustimass bass module 700 operate on 5ghz) 

Is this another firmware issue? Anyone else facing the same issue in DEC 2019? 

I have also perform and review https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/no-sound-from-Acoustimass-bass-module.html 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Acoustimass bass module 700 kept disconnect

Hello Apex Ditrick,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the connectivity issues you have been having with your Bass Module and I would be happy to help with this.

Thank you for providing all of that information it is really useful for us to know and will help us find the correct resolution for this.

From how you are describing this, the most likely cause would be some form of wireless interference. What wireless devices do you have near the soundbar and bass module? Has anything new been added around when you noticed this starting to happen?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Apex Ditrick
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

What wireless devices do you have near the soundbar and bass module?  

My wireless router is about 5M (16ft) away from the soundbar and bass module and has been there since the bose system has been installed. 

I checked the Wireless router it running on Channel 

VHT80

Has anything new been added around when you noticed this starting to happen?

No new device (Equipment that require wifi, DECT phone and food microwave). It just started 1 week ago. until today still have drop out for the bass module. 

Highlighted

Hi Apex Ditrick,

Thank you for providing that information.

Given the distance from the router, it does seem like that should not be causing any issues with the connection to the bass module. 

What I would recommend we do next is, refresh the connection from the bass module to the soundbar. What we will do is remove the bass module from the soundbar and then reconnect it. To do this we will want to:

• In the bose music app navigate to Settings > Accessory Speakers > Remove Accessory Speakers
  • Disconnect the bass module (and any other accessory speakers) from the power for 1 minute, then reconnect
  • Check for a blinking amber LED on the bass module
  • In the app select 'Add Accessory Speakers' and follow the on-screen instructions.

If this does not work it would be worth us trying connecting the bass module to the soundbar with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable and seeing if we still get the dropouts with the cable connection as well.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.