Soundbar 700

Country

Singapore

Firmware Version

How do i see this?

App Version

Latest

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

LG G7 Android, also tried using iPhone XR, same problem on both.

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I get Activation failed in the app. Tried like 10 times, on different WiFi net works, different phones. Even tried on wired ethernet. Issue allways same. I'm able to connect set wifi password, it shows connected and activation starts, and always ends up as failed after some time of waiting.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

Home

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Bought it today, never able to activate

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Rebooted, reset held power and fast forward 5sec+. I get to the stage i need to enter wifi pw again and activation is attempted again but fails. And did same while on wired ethernet as well, again same result.

Why is it so hard to activate, or are the servers down?

Can add that the bar works well with sound, i have it connected using optical cable to my TV and that works well. Just cant use the app due to the failing activation.

7 REPLIES 7
captainmj
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2020

Re: Activation Failed Soundbar 700

Ok, so i pressed the wrong reset buttons, hard to see when the buttons are not lit. Once reset all is well.

Jessie_O

We are so glad to hear that the reset has resolved your issue. 

For those following this thread in the Community, the reset procedure can be found HERE

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
captainmj
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2020

Hi again,

Seems i spoke to soon, it was working fine for a few days. Then after i had a breif loss of internet connectivity the mobile app can no longer communicate with it even after internet connectivity is restored. I have now removed soundbar from the app and been trying to do factory reset (power and fast forward), i see amber light and I get to enter wifi details again but now stuck at same issue, activation failed.

While connected with ethernet cable nothing can be done at all even after factory reset. Disconnecting ethernet cable does allow me to setup wifi after a factory reset, but activation keeps failing. I have now tried several times with factory reset. Once i get to activation stage it keeps going for awhile, few min i think then eventually just says failed.

Again i tried both my android and also iphone but the result is the same, always gets stuck at activation failed.

Sometimes the factory reset does not seem to work as i dont always get amber light just som sounds then nothing. I dont understand why this is so hard to use? Can you let me know what the next step is?

captainmj
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2020

Ok so i was able to get this working after a few factory reset. It would really be helpful with some improvements on the app. Just saying "oops something went wrong" really isn't helpful. I suspect it was mainly due to reduced internet connectivity for awhile, but thatreally shouldn't be a reason for the app not to be able to connect to sound bar. Ideally the app should connect nicely and tell you it cant play music due to internet issue.

Thanks

Marcus

r-csg
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2021

Hi,my soundbar 700 refuses to pass the product activation page. Able to find, able to connect WiFi, product activation failed.

Initially it managed to connect, to app. Product update happened yesterday and failed.

I removed and "re-add" product, now it keeps getting stuck at product activation. Please help.

Jessie_O

Hey r-csg, 

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome! 

Can you tell me if you are connecting to a public network?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
NekBbew$&@1
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2021

Bose 700 Hone Theatre Failure- need help

B5B1DBB9-1E76-4635-9ACE-04E2E71C6901.png

17978D0F-EBF0-49F0-B50B-601DBA4F9A69.png

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name : 700 SoundBar/700 Subwoofer/Bose Surround satellites. 

Firmware Version: I cannot get access to the device so it’s impossible. 

App Version 4 4 3

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.): IPhone Pro Max 

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took