Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

AdaptIQ after updating to latest firmware

@bose , @Keith_L 

I have now received my bose surround speakers 700 to go with my existing SB 700 and  BM 700. I have updated to latest firmware (9.0.14) and got the latest ios app (4.1.1) too. I factory reset the soundbar and connected the SS700. I ran adaptIQ (twice) . I noted the following:

1. During adaptIQ the BM700 did not make any sound. The bass responses were coming from the SB 700 only. Is that what it is supposed to be?

After the adaptIQ when I played movies from Netflix DD5.1 to test the sound, I noted that

-the bass is weaker (volume currently set at 70 which used to be more than high previously) and not shaking anything like it used to do,

-voice coming from SB 700 does not seem clear enough (center channel volume set at 45%)

- the surround speakers while loud seem to play the sounds that was supposed to come from SB(Left front and Right front channel in the soundbar). The switches on the wireless module are correctly set at left and right. 

Can anyone tell me what could be causing these issues with bass, soundbar and surround speakers?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: AdaptIQ after updating to latest firmware

Hello Raiden, 

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your BM700. It sounds like when you performed ADAPTiQ, the BM700 was not connected. Do you see any LEDs visible on the module? 

With the points you noted, is this referencing low-frequency audio being produced from the soundbar or is the BM700 actually producing audio?

I'll look forward to your reply.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Re: AdaptIQ after updating to latest firmware

@Jeff_G BM 700 was connected (white LED)....