Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Adaptiq Calibration

Hi,

I am deciding wether to buy a Smart Soundbar 300 or a Soundbar 500. One of the difference is that Soundbar 500 has Adaptiq room calibration, so I would like to understand how this feature actually works.

What parameters does Adaptiq adjust when calibrating for the room in which the soundbar is placed? Does it adjust only the equalization to optimize sound profile? Or does it also adjust how left vs right channels respond (for example to take into account how sound is reflected on the left vs right walls in asymmetrical rooms)?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Adaptiq Calibration

Hey @fr.dol, welcome to the Bose Community!

Here's some information on ADAPTiQ - ADAPTiQ optimizes the sound of your system for the acoustics of your room. The contents of your room (i.e. surfaces, furniture, rugs, etc.) impact how sound is heard in the room. The calibration process measures the properties of your room and adjusts the sound of your system accordingly. If you re-arrange your room or move your system to a different room, re-calibrate your system.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Does adaptiq optimize only the equalization and sound profile, or does it also change the relative volume of each channel (for example left vs right vs center)?

thanks!

@fr.dol ADAPTiQ will also adjust the relative volume of each channel based on the five seating position measurements taken during calibration of the room.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Thank you for your reply.

However, last Friday one of your colleagues of the customer support via telephone gave me a different answer.... which is that Adaptiq only adjust the EQ (not the volume of the left vs right channels in the soundbar). So not really sure which one of the two to consider the correct one...

Thanks

Hi fr.dol,

I can confirm that the ADAPTiQ process does adjust the volume of the speakers as well as adjusting the EQ. It may not be the most noticeable of changes in the volume depending on how your room is set up, but it will adjust the volume to provide the best and most balanced listening experience in your chosen listening postitions.

I hope this helps!