This widget could not be displayed.
Hector_B

Re: Adding second sub??

You are welcome Jurek. 

The physical cable is there as some people may personally prefer hard-wired connections, or some people may live in environments that have a lot of wireless interference like apartment blocks, so the wired connection would resolve this. 

If you have any further questions, please do let me know! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@mtnbreeze wrote:

Hello!

We have a Cinemate 1SR soundboard and wireless sub. Great sounding system for a compact room! One question... Could you add a second 1SR sub, or is it’s max capacity 1 subwoofer? Thanks in advance. 

Unfortunately no.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@jurek-von-k wrote:

Thank you 

The 700 is by far a superior sub. You are wise to save up and get a second 700 sub. When connecting two subs that is done wirelessly.

Anthea2297
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2020

I have soundtouch 300 with acoustimass 300 can i add up one more sub? Or what can i do to have a dual sub ?

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Anthea2297 wrote:

I have soundtouch 300 with acoustimass 300 can i add up one more sub? Or what can i do to have a dual sub ?

Yes the ST 300 supports two Acoustimass modules. Best to use identical subs.

BWashinggton504
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

Is it possible to add a third 300 sub to my setup currently have two paired ?

Tegan_M

Hello @BWashinggton504

Thanks for your question! I am afraid 2 Bass Modules is the maximum allowance to your home theatre set up. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Mike12
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2021

I have the 700 and 2 700 subs. I’ve tried both ways - wired and wireless. Not sure which is best so for now just running wireless. 

if I start getting popping noises I’ll go to wired. 

Overall, bass sounds smoother, not louder. Just fills in nicely. 

I have the surrounds also which was a good investment. (Not the 700 surrounds). 

I don’t miss not having Atmos or DD+.  I have the Samsung 950 and I can’t hear any of the height stuff. I think the Bose sounds better to my ears. 

Salimov
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2021

I have an ST300 soundbar and one Bass Mod500, can I connect a second Bass Mod500? and how to do it? I can't find a clear answer anywhere.

Liam_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello Salimov, and thanks for reaching out. I will happily assist you with this. 

To add a second bass module 500, both bass modules will need to be connecting to the soundbar via a wireless connection. 
Once your first bass module is connected, you just repeat the same steps to connect the second one. 

You can follow our set up guide from our support article here. It will be labelled as "To wirelessly connect the bass module or optional wireless surround speakers"

If you need any further assistance, let me know! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post