MusicMutant
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Airplay 2 Awesome !!!

Hi Bose,

Thank you for delivering what you promised.... Been throughly enjoying playing through multiple bose speakers!!

Though just a quick clarification, the volume of the Smart speaker in Airplay mode gets a bit low, need to get the volume upto 50% to get to 30% volume in normal mode. Is this inherent issue due to airplay tech or is this a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Airplay 2 Awesome !!!

Author Accepted Answer selected by MusicMutant

Hi, 

Thanks for testing that and providing us with that information. 

Could you please use a different streaming service or a Youtube video to see if this continues? 

I ran a test in our demo room and they didn't perform the way that you are finding them too. 

Have you attempted to reboot the speakers as well as your device to see if this issue persists? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

8 REPLIES 8

Hi BoseMutant, 

Thanks for posting and thank you for the positive feedback. 

This may be a result of the volume that you have the speakers set to before adjusting the volume via your device. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

MusicMutant
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Din't get you? if the volume of the speaker is 30% of capacity before using airplay, I ain't getting the same effect as soon as I use airplay. The sound feels lower than before airplay, may be it's only my ears, let's wait and see if any other folks are experiencing the same low effect of audio before and after airplay!

Thanks for posting and updating me on this issue. 

Which devices are you Airplaying onto? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
MusicMutant
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

from iphone if I airplay it to apple TV & Home speaker 500, the home speaker as soon as it starts playing audio, the volume feels really low... then if i increase it to say 50% then It's sounding as same as before airplay ... so in nutshell

before airplay = 30% volume = loud enough for me

after airplay = same 30% is sounds low, hence if I end up increasing it to 50% then = loud enough for me

Hi Bosemutant, 

Thanks for providing us with that feedback. I will go into our demo room and test this to see if I notice the same results as you. 

If anyone else in the community is also experiencing this please do post on this thread. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

@MusicMutant 

I have done a little bit of digging and seen that going into your device's Settings > Music and setting Sound Check to off.

I have seen that if this setting is enabled it can give some users that effect that the volume seems to be lower during Airplay. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

MusicMutant
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Nope... i just saw it ... its off, volume limit is also off (set to max)... & I actually re-tried the sound test and I'm sure this time that the sound/bass effect is lower after airplay... So this is what I did this time

At volume X,  used Spotify connect from IOS app to play audio to the speaker, heard the effect

Same track this time, I used airplay option from Spotify app

At the same volume X the sound effect & bass are now lower

Author Accepted Answer selected by MusicMutant

Hi, 

Thanks for testing that and providing us with that information. 

Could you please use a different streaming service or a Youtube video to see if this continues? 

I ran a test in our demo room and they didn't perform the way that you are finding them too. 

Have you attempted to reboot the speakers as well as your device to see if this issue persists? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B