djbazztek
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

Re: Airplay 2 - When?

Finally!!!! AirPlay2 is coming tomorrow 😄

I can tell you from my source that AirPlay2 is coming to the Smarthome Speaker Series tomorrow. Unfortunately nothing to say about SoundTouch... If ever to happen for soundtouch its probably gonna take another year or so..

Highlighted
wesmuis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

You better not be joking 😛
Because I don't fully believe after being quiet for so long and pretending to not know a thing they suddenly are ready. Especially not after they said they would update us "when they know more" - if it launches tomorrow they would know more right?

But, if you're right, tomorrow is going to be the best day, finally. I mean we still won't get apple music support through the app but whatever. Although that still doesn't excuse Bose's absolute poor as **bleep** community responses. Because really? If it's tomorrow couldn't they really have let us know anything in advance?

Also on that note, I'm glad people here are replying with workarounds to get airplay working. But the fact it has come to this is also just as sad.
djbazztek
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

I totally agree with you! All I can say is that I’m not joking. I have screenshots from a chat with a Bose customer service guy who told me that they were informed about the launch tomorrow.

Actually I can not believe that.... after all the trouble and bad Communication...but it seems to be true. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. But as you already stated it’s just airplay 2 and no Apple Music Integration in the app like for instance Sonos has. I don’t get it why it’s taking them so long to do so.

I hope they immediately release the update for the SoundTouch products as well because I have plenty of them and that would work well with my homepod.

Smiley Very Happy   Hope the german Customer Service person didn’t fool me.

ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

@djbazztek wrote:

Finally!!!! AirPlay2 is coming tomorrow 😄

I can tell you from my source that AirPlay2 is coming to the Smarthome Speaker Series tomorrow.

Today i got the information that tomorrow Bose will tell us the launch date.

Edmond_LTD
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 14, 2019

We need Airplay2 !! sonos support, yahama support, B&O support,   Denon suuport . When is Bose? Not in schedule? Or we need wait for next gen soundbar?

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

>SoundTouch is not a smart home product, as I understand it.

Check out the Bose sales site. The Smart Home section of speakers is divided into two lines:

Bose Smart Speakers and SoundTouch Family.

Mutlitroom has been available on macOS using iTunes for some time now. Only recently (Dec 2018) has the Airplay 2 feature been available on iOS. 

According to Bose, all Smart Home speakers, including SoundTouch with BlueTooth capability will support Airplay 2.

I have used Airplay from my iMac and my iPad to an AirPort Express equipped ST speaker and then fired up Play All - works fine. 

Bose dropped Airplay because at the time Airplay 1 did not support multiroom connectivity. Airplay 2 allows activating of multiple devices at once. After a series of subjective, non professional testing I have found that Bose implements multiroom quite well, better than Airplay. I have found slight delays with Airplay on macOS and instability on iOS. Mind you that was back in December. I wrote a detailed post on my findings.

Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Looks like Bose isn’t the only company that’s promising Airplay 2 and has yet to implement it.....

https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/15/yamaha-airplay-2-updates/

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Never trust Bose. They‘ll tell you everything, just to get rid of you.
ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Firmware Version 3.1.7 - AirPlay 2

Hi Ybo, 

We're excited to announce that AirPlay 2 is now available on your Smart Speakers and Soundbars! As many of you know, AirPlay 2 lets you stream music, podcasts and audio for video from any Apple device to your Bose product (including from Apple Music!). 

I would recommend checking out this post here for more information.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support