wesmuis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Re: Airplay 2 - When?

Thank god it's finally here.

It's still a shame that nobody from Bose seemed to know anything about the progress of Airplay 2 until it's suddenly finished. I mean, I'm not saying Bose keeps their developers in a sound-isolated room 24/7 and never talks to them but occasionally bring them food, but I'm just saying that nobody from Bose says that this is NOT the case.

As in: I'm grateful it's finally here, BUT that doesn't excuse the [Edited by moderator]  way you have treated customers over this issue for the past 2 years and I hope next time, things will be different.

Hi Wesmuis, 

Thanks for your post and thank you for your feedback. I will forward this onto the development team. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

My soundbar 700 is still on 3.0.16. I’m guessing that the rollout will take a few days?

Hi Itsjustmeee, 

An update may download at any time but it will only install on a system that is not in use between 2 AM and 5 AM local time. The local time is obtained from the device running the Bose Music app that set it up.

The system will do an Over-The-Air (OTA) software availability check once every 24 hours. The 24-hour timer begins from the time it was last connected to power. If an update is available, regardless of whether it's mandatory or deferred, the system will download the update in the background. There will be no interruption of service. While this occurs, the light bar will show a white light progressing from right to left.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
wesmuis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Is there a way to trigger it manually for those like me who just want to be able to use Airplay now and not "when it decides it's the time to do so"?

SirDigbyChickenCaesar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2018

+1 - My systems are always "in use".. In one house, some play the radio and fall to sleep with it, for example. 

This must be the only family of devices I can't force update when I decide. You (Bose) have posted the manual method and download file, so please just share the necessary key presses/cycle and we'll happily move on here. 

Apbrasmussen
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 14, 2019

Now! 🙂

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

I can‘t believe that Bose finally did it.
Good Job
Twan_D
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Thanks Bose! The new firmware is downloaded overnight and it did install without problems. Just tested AirPlay 2 and it worked good.

Hopefully for the Soundtouch users it will also come soon.
Headybow
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 19, 2019

Hi what do you have to do to get the update on your Bose. I live in the Uk and last night I was hoping that in the morning after waking up the update would have been downloaded but nothing thus far. What’s the newest firmware for the Airplay 2? Actually what Bose device are you using?. Thanks