wth_wth
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Airplay 2 - When?

Ok guys (I'm looking at you Bose) - it's March.

What gives.... where is Airplay2?  I've been waiting really patiently as other manufacturers role Airplay2 out on device after device.

I have three 500's, one Soundbar700 and a The Base Module and I'm more than a little annoyed now that I still can't use something that is the second or third feature touted in all of the promotional materials that convinced me to make the purchase.  

Could a rep from Bose please give this community some information... or a timetable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Airplay 2 - When?

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update from our development team regarding this issue you have been having, where an Airplay device is not visible on your network. After testing, they have determined that indeed, Airplay will run into issues with devices that share the same name and that the fix is to change the name of your device.

We would like to thank you all for your contributions on our Community.

All the best,

Anne S

69 REPLIES 69

Hi Wth_wth, 

Many thanks for your question.

I'm afraid we do not have an update regarding Airplay 2 currently. Once we have this information, we will place a sticky post on the community.

I hope you have a great day

Leon_C - Community Support

wth_wth
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

@Leon_C wrote:

Hi Wth_wth, 

Many thanks for your question.

I'm afraid we do not have an update regarding Airplay 2 currently. Once we have this information, we will place a sticky post on the community.

I hope you have a great day

Leon_C - Community Support

Leon,

I'm sorry, but that is truly a terrible answer given the context, the promises, the promotional statements, and the timeline to date.  

This just adds to a tone deaf response to your customers, both current and perspective.

WarwickFiddlesticks
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 30, 2018

Yeah this is terrible they do not give a timeline or a decent answer. There have been lots of questions about this. 

Maybe something will be announced after the Apple event March 25 that is about streaming services and AirPlay2.

Very disappointed in Bose in the way this has been handled. If you market something you should at least provide a timeline or give decent responses to your customers

wesmuis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Ah I love the sweet smell of corporate nonsense. This answer takes multiple sentences and yet somehow still doesn't say anything.

How can your own company not know their own timeline? You should always have some form of information or you should be able to ask other people in your organisation for information - I mean, I'm assuming there are people in your company that have the skill to talk. And yes your IT Team does exist of real people, which also probably use JIRA  which means answering this would be even easier since you can literally see the progress of certain features or at least ask for the overview.

I'm not quick to label something as false advertising but you can't just say "yep this will definitely 100% have Airplay 2 early 2019" everywhere in your promotional material and then not have a timeline for it to actually be available. Especially since early 2019 is almost over- by now you SHOULD have an update that it's almost done. If you don't, it suggests it will not arrive in early 2019 and maybe not at all - I mean you guys have promoted airplay 2 since August 2018, so it's not like you didn't have any time to get it done.

Twan_D
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Dear Bose,

You can't clarify your roadmap of Airplay 2 integration maybe you can clarify "early"?

- January 1st-March 31st is early, April 1st-September 30th is mid and October 1st-December 31st is late.

- January 1st-April 30th is early, May 1st-August 31st is mid and September 1st-December 31st is late.

- Or does Bose have another interpatation of early?

Everyone is starting to get tired of your vagueness! Many people have spend a lot of money on this promise.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

I landed on the Apple site yesterday and came across Apple’s latest update on Airplay and other technologies to be released in the near future. There is a rather lengthy list of TVs, speakers and receivers slated for iTunes and Airplay 2. Interestingly Bose is not mentioned either as “announced” or implemented. The list of manufactures was pretty expansive, but no Bose.

Has there been a change in the implementation of Airplay or other Apple technologies for the Bose line of products?

Hello Rickatk,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We do currently have Airplay 2 in the works for our smart home products in the near future, however, we do not have an official launch date but we will keep you updated.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

wth_wth
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Zoe C

Are you serious?  Are you really serious.  This isn't a sick April Fools joke?

Now you've switched to saying "in the near future" when previously all your documentation has clearly spelled out "early 2019."  There was no grey area.  Nothing uncertain about how you communicated the upcoming availability to customers.  Did you somehow thing we wouyld all miss that little twist of phrase?  Your customers are not stupid.

You better believe I will be making sure cnet and every other review site I checked before purchasing sees and is aware of this thread.  You should not be allowed to treat customers this way.  This is completely unacceptable.

Hello Wth_wth,

I understand your frustration.

We are working towards incorporating Airplay 2 as soon as possible. We need to ensure that the all the functionality is correct before we launch so that customers can enjoy the full capabilities seamlessly.

We currently do not have an official release date but as soon as we do we will update you and make a public announcement.

We thank you for your patience in this situation and apologize again for the delay.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C