Airplay 2 - When?

SOLVED

Re: Airplay 2 - When?

Hi Headybow, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Smart Speaker firmware updates can take 24-48 hours to download and install on a speaker. 

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Silent Starter

Hi

So if I turn the power off and back on again, will that initiate the OTA update immediately or will it wait 24hrs to do its first availability check?

I understand that it will only apply the update once downloaded between 2am-5am local time.

Also is there anyway of knowing if the soundbar has already downloaded the update ready to be installed that night?

my firmware version still shows the old one in the app

Hi MoFoFoUK, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

There is no way to see if this download has happened before the update. The OTA 24-hour timer begins from the time it was last connected to power.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Friendly Fanatic

I am really glad that this is finally implemented but I have to say I’m disappointed that the sound bar doesn’t go back to the previous input after using airplay. For example, my usual default input for the Bose is my TV. If I send audio with airplay on my iPhone and when I stop, I still have to dig out the remote control for the Bose (which I never use) and set it back to TV. 

BJN
Audible Advocate

Have not received 3.17 update for my Soundbar 700 as of 4/19/2019. Reset of device did not help. Internet speed is 200 Mbs.

Advice?

Thanks,

bjnicoll

Friendly Fanatic

Mine took at least 48 hrs before I saw the update on my Bose 700. I think patient is essential here as there nothing you can do than wait. You can manually download it . It was something I tried and however didn’t work for me.

Hi BJN,

Thank you for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the update yet. 

Please be sure to leave your speaker on standby. If the speaker has no power it will not be able to apply the update over-the-air. 

If the update still doesn't install then you can potentially factory default your speaker and this will prompt you to update it.

Let me know if you have any problems and I'll be happy to help.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Quiet Contributor

Thank you Hector for the post. Can you give us any additional information for SoundTouch products?  Though I’m pleased to see Bose making progress, as a ST300 system owner, this feels in some ways quite disappointing. Are we days, weeks, months away from getting AP2 on SoundTouch?

thank you again,

kraig. 

Hi Kraig, 

Thank you for your post!

Thank you for your patience regarding the integration of Airplay 2 with SoundTouch. We would like to assure you that we are diligently working on getting it implemented with our SoundTouch products.

We thank you for your understanding, and hope you have a great day!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Quiet Contributor

Hi! I have updated to 3.1.7 on my Soundbar 700. But the source isnt showing on Airplay. Am I doing something wrong?