wesmuis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Re: Airplay 2 - When?

Zoe_C, with all due respect, why even bother to reply with the same sentence and false promise over and over again? You're not making this look any better by keeping vague. I'm not saying this against you, but against Bose and their policy, but repeating the same thing over and over again is doing the opposite of helping.

Bose addressed none of our issues: there is still no date, there is no justification for the vagueness, no reason given why it's been delayed. There hasn't been an "update" for over a year now- not even something as little as "oops turned out it's harder than we thought". Is it so hard to be transparent and genuine with your consumers, the people paying a premium for Bose?

But, well, at least you acknowledged that Bose couldn't even keep their "early 2019" promise by officially stating there has been a delay. Can we get ANY more information about that delay? Why, how long, estimates... just anything?

dniklewicz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Oh come on, it is a soundbar for only $800, it looks like Bose thinks that good PR and high quality support is not needed for anything below $1k Smiley Wink

Marcian
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

Im a user from Germany and always when im asking when it is coming someone from bose is saying, very soon just listen to our channels. Its totally disappointing that bose is cheating on us. I only bought some bose 500 home speaker and this 700 system to have a nice smooth house party for my girlfriends birthday. That birthday will be on saturday and i allways believed in bose that they will deliver airplay2 like they have promised in spring 2019. Now they didnt delivered and allways talking that **bleep** of soon. I will sell now all my bose parts and will never again buy anything of them. this is a crap company full of liars.

Scott L.
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

I bought a Lifestyle 650 and Soundtouch speaker in early 2018 with the promise that AirPlay 2 was coming. I've been waiting over a year. They made this announcement in 2017. At this point, I don't think it's happening.

wesmuis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

I mean, it speaks VOLUMES about Bose that I just found another thread about Airplay 2 and Soundtouch speakers from 2017/2018 on this community which was locked due to:

"Since this thread is aging and there is a lot of misinformation, we will be closing it down."

Even though it clearly was locked out of embarassement of not being able to ship a promise for over 2 years but instead making and selling a new product line and just ignoring the Soundtouch brand alltogether.

So yeah, with that kind of attitude I guess nothing will ever come of this, but the only thing we can do is be vocal about it and not buy more Bose in the meantime.

But I do wonder when threads like this one get locked when Bose again completely ignores its consumers and can't deliver any of its promises (and delivers a new product line again with the Airplay 2 promise) and is so embarassed that instead they just label it as "misinformation".

axelra82
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Aaaaaand goodbye BOSE 🙂
Bought a SONOS ONE just to give it a go. Yea, maybe not "the BOSE sound", but works out of the box, with great sound (it's not worse, just different)... and what do you know, AirPlay 2 and Apple Music. Everything just works. Oh yea, you can set the speaker to start playing a playlist at any volume as an alarm, in the Sonos app.
I'm just glad I haven't put to much money and energy into the BOSE "brand". AirPlay 2 isn't coming, just say it. It's been 2 years now.
By the time BOSE "perfects" AirPlay 2, everyone else will already be on 3 or 4 hahaha! This whole thing just feels like a bad joke. I actually, for the first time, warned a friend of mine just today (who was asking what speaker setup he should get for his home) to look at SONOS and specifically WARNED him about BOSE. I can't see this company being around more than a couple of years in this climate (judging from the forum posts).
Time to get some more speakers and a soundbar Fromm SONOS so I can enjoy multi room audio and AirPlay 2 everywhere, with Apple Music... yeay.

PS. I feel sorry for the moderators who have to write here and get nothing from upper management. I hope you guys can find a new job when BOSE inevitably goes under! Sincerely, you guys have had to take a lot of undeserved blows.
Wildbill
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 4, 2019

Maybe it’s time for a few of us to get together for a class action conversation. 

axelra82
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

How do I delete all my BOSE accounts? I can't find any "delete account" option anywhere. I've sold all Bose products and am never coming back... I don't want any accounts with BOSE.
Sauntman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2019

What exactly does Airplay 2 do?  What am I missing out on since I don’t have it?

axelra82
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Multiroom for one, ability to stream from apps (rather than using Bluetooth, where you'd get all notification sounds etc in the speaker (because the phone uses it as it primary sound source)), and being welcomed in to 2019 haha... Bose is just completely out of date with their software (and in my personal opinion with the latest complete redesign of their smart speakers). In short, AirPlay 2 is a much more stable and flexible way of streaming sound from your phone.