Airplay 2 - When?

SOLVED

Re: Airplay 2 - When?

Hi Chipjay, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. What device are you attempting to use Airplay 2 on? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

Soundbar 700. Airplay push from iPhone 8.

Hi Chipjay, 

Thanks for confirming that! To help solve this issue, please could you ensure that the iPhone 8 and the soundbar are on the same wifi network. If you have a dual-band router please can you ensure that they are both on the same channel either 2.4g or 5g? After that please try the following steps:

1. On the source device, toggle Wi-Fi off and back on.

The device you are using to initiate audio might be having trouble communicating on the network. Turn its Wi-Fi setting off and then on again to reestablish a network connection.  

2. Quit the music app and/or iTunes, then wait 10 seconds before retrying.
    On your iOS device, double-press the Home button, swipe up on your audio app to close it, then wait 10 seconds before re-opening the app and trying again.

3. Perform a soundbar reset by following these steps:

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Vicky - I gave these steps a go, but no luck. I can see all other Airplay devices on my network (incl Homepod and Apple TV), but can’t see the Bose 700 soundbar. Firmware is 3.1.7.

Hello Chipjay,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that those steps did not work. I wondered if you could confirm if you have a dual band router? Are the Soundbar and your phone on the same network? I would also like you to try using Airplay on another device after you have rebooted your router, you can reboot your router by unplugging it then re-connecting power 1 minute later.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Quiet Contributor

Hi Zoe

I resolved the problem. The Bose soundbar had the same name/ID as another Airplay device on the network. Changing the Bose soundbar’s name/ID resulted in it showing up as an available Airplay device.

Many thanks!

Hello Chipjay,

Thanks for letting me know, I am glad you got it working! Posting also helps other community users get to their solution quicker.

Should you need anything else please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Audible Advocate

Omg this worked for me too!. After weeks of troubleshooting. No one knew the answer. Apple tv had same name "living room". Thanks Chipjay!

Hi Chipjay,

That is fantastic news. I will be sure to feed this back to the rest of our team! 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update from our development team regarding this issue you have been having, where an Airplay device is not visible on your network. After testing, they have determined that indeed, Airplay will run into issues with devices that share the same name and that the fix is to change the name of your device.

We would like to thank you all for your contributions on our Community.

All the best,

Anne S