Latest iOS version and latest firmware 3.1.7 for Soundbar 700. Cannot get my soundbar 700 to show as a device on the Airplay devices. Tried in Spotify and Apple Music. Other devices show just fine. Have already tried to power off soundbar 30 seconds and power up. Still no show. Able to stream music via wifi inside the Bose Music App. Rebooted router, still same problem. Called technical support and they have no solution. Anyone else in here have the problem?
Feb 26, 2019
Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear of the issues with Airplay 2 that you've had, and would be happy to try and assist further.
As you have already spoken with us over the phone it is likely that you will have already tried most, if not all of the below, but I would ask that you check these for me please!
1) The device you are using to initiate audio might be having trouble communicating on the network. Turn its Wi-Fi setting off and then on again to reestablish a network connection.
2) Quit the music app and/or iTunes, then wait 10 seconds before retrying. If using iTunes, close and reopen the application. If using an iOS device, double-press the Home button, swipe up on your audio app to close it, then wait 10 seconds before re-opening the app and trying again.
3) The AirPlay device and the Bose system must be on the same network to use AirPlay. For example, if the device is on the guest network and the system is on the main network, AirPlay will not work. Find the connected network name in the Wi-Fi settings of the AirPlay device, then determine if your Bose product is connected to the same network. If they are on different networks, put them on the same network.
Be sure the system is in an area with strong Wi-Fi signal.
4) The Wi-Fi indicator on your system glows solid white when connected. If it's not white, try moving the system a few feet or to a different area (i.e. closer to the router) where Wi-Fi signal may be better. (Note: Obstructions, like walls, metal, doors, etc., can reduce Wi-Fi signal strength.)
5) As Airplay 2 requires the usage of Wi-Fi, I would advise resetting your Wi-Fi Router. This can usually be done by disconnecting power from the router for 30 seconds, then waiting for it to start up and connect. (Note: Any device connected to the Internet will be interrupted during the reset.)
As an additional note, when you try to access the Soundbar within the Bose music app, can I ask whether Airplay 2 appears as an option alongside Bluetooth and other music services (e.g. TuneIn)?
Please get back to me to let me know how this goes!
Liam W - Community Support
Yes all of those already tried. I wanted to know if anyone else has gotten Airplay 2 to work on the 700? Yes it has Airplay next to bluetooth in the Bose Music App. My appleTV shows just fine as an airplay device. So i know the router settings and everything is correct. There must be something in the Bose that it needs to be able to establish itself as an Airplay device.
Since updating to the latest firmware, have you tried performing a full factory reset on the soundbar and setting it up as fresh? If not please try doing this as this may help resolve the issue.
To do this,
Thanks for reaching back out to us. I would also recommend that you have the following network settings:
I would recommend carrying out the factory reset and re-setting up the device from scratch.
Let us know how you get on.