Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Airplay and Bluetooth not working Home Speaker 500

Just bought a Home Speaker 500 but have to say very disappointed.

Normal radio streaming via TuneIn is working but that's about it.

I can't:

• connect via Airplay -> unable to connect
  • get sound via bluetooth 

I tried everything I could find on this forum.

• Airplay
    • played with 2.4 and 5 ghz
    • changed channel
    • changed wifi network completely
  • Bluetooth
    • tried multiple devices

Of course everything was updated to latest and restarted multiple times.

Still no improvements.

What should I do next? Return product?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Airplay and Bluetooth not working Home Speaker 500

Hello rpili1313,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with Airplay 2 and Bluetooth on your Home Speaker 500. I'd love to see if I can help with this. 

You've gone through some great steps already. In addition, I would like to recommend the following:

- Factory resetting your speaker.

- Matching our recommended router settings:

UPnP: Enable
Multicast: Enable
IGMP: Enable
Wireless Isolation: Disable
IGMP Proxy: Disable
IGMP Snooping: Disable
Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode: Mixed or B/G/N
Stealth mode: Disable
MAC Filtering/Access Control: Disable, or add the Bose system MAC address to the allowed devices list
WPS: Disable
WAN IP Blocking: Disable
Recommended router settings for Bose product performance

Wireless channel: Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended

Standard Wi-Fi uses 11 channels. Selecting the best channel might require trial and error. Choose channel 1 or 11 and observe the system to see if performance improves. If it does not, try the other channels until performance does improve

Security type: WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption

Some routers offer a mixed security mode of WPA (TKIP)/WPA-2 (AES) for compatibility with older products. Choose WPA-2 only if no networked devices depend on WPA or mixed mode. If unsure whether or not other networked devices will be affected, note the current security setting, switch to WPA-2 and try all other networked devices. If necessary, return to the previous security setting

WMM: Disable

This setting is intended to optimize streaming services but typically gives priority to voice or video streaming, which can negatively impact audio streaming or reserve bandwidth for voice or video devices even if they are off. Although disabling WMM is recommended, on some routers, enabling WMM improves performance. If WMM is disabled on the router and issues are experienced with your Bose product, enable WMM and check for improvement

Please let me know if there is an improvement to both the Airplay and the Bluetooth connection.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

I have to say it's almost unbelievable. 

Your product doesn't seem to work and I should change everything that is working perfectly for me. 

I have already working airplay products from other vendors running in my network. 

Even more what does it have to do with bluetooth?

Please provide me better analytics then this pls! Maybe check some logs on the speaker or other things. 

If not, I will ship it back to the vendor. 

Hello rpili1313,

I understand your frustrations, but not all speakers will use the same technologies. Wi-Fi connectivity is complex and there could be just one tiny adjustment that would aid the connection.

The Wi-Fi recommendations were for Airplay. The factory reset is for the Bluetooth issue.

Gathering logs cannot be executed via the Bose Community. Please reach out to our support team via the phone for this method of troubleshooting.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Factory reset already done. No results. 

My ISP router doesn't give those options to configure.