jacktina
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Airplay not working on Bose Portable Home Speaker

Hello

I have just purchased a new Bose Portable Home Speaker in USA. It works perfectly when playing the inbuilt music services (Spotify). However, when I try to connect to AirPlay through my iphone X ( I also tried with an iphone 8+ and an ipad), I can see the speaker on Airplay, but it can not connect with the Bose speaker. When I tap on the Bose speaker, a notification pops up " Airplay Unable to connect to the Bose speaker". I try to reboot the wifi router and the Bose speaker and make sure that my iphone and the speaker are connecting to the same wifi, but it doesn't not work.

Any help will be great.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Tegan_M

Re: Airplay not working on Bose Portable Home Speaker

Hello Jacktina, 

I am very sorry to hear that Airplay does not appear to be working with your Portable Home Speaker, I'd love to look into this with you. Thanks for already trying some great troubleshooting!

What is the LED status of your Portable Home Speaker? I would just like to ensure that there is a stable internet connection.

Lets also ensure your speaker is up to date with the latest firmware. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

Following this, I would suggest making sure your iPhone is also up to date on software and to the reboot this. 

Do let us know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Stba
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

I just have the same problem

IPhone 11 IOS 14.1 and Bose Portable Home 6.0.14 just updated. Bluetooth works fine, but  can‘t connect to Airplay 

Harish79801
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

I have same problem with Latest iPad ios 14.3 and Portable Speaker Firmware Version 7.0.10.

Did resetting speaker, router and ipad but still unable to connect Airplay to speaker.

elventang
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

I have the same issue with portable home speaker

Saurav Thakur
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2021

Hi,

I am also facing same issue.

hex0r
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2021

Funny that Bose is acting like this issue is new and asking us to reset and kick our router. It’s evident that huge set of your products suffer AirPlay bug. I bought Bose Home speaker today and first thing I checked was Airplay. As I expected my piece is also infected with Airplay bug. I would suggest Bose to stop fighting and send a firmware upgrade. If it’s a Hardware issue, try to be transparent to customers and work on it and Atleast will be helpful for future clients. We are buying product by giving a huge amount money and sAme amount of trust on Bose. Kindly fix your product instead of kicking our wifi and routers

jackkinman73@gmail.com
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Same exact problem! The reviews everywhere made me skeptical about the speakers performance. I don’t know why people say this speaker doesn’t have bass. Because it does!!! And the mid and highs are crystal clear and sound extremely natural!!! Turn the bass up to +20 or +30 and it easily beats anything else out there. It doesn’t get down to 30hz or 40hz but the quality of bass and the dispersion of bass it delivers is way higher in quality than anything else near this price range. I own alot of Bluetooth speakers so take my word when I say this. This speaker deserves infinite praise..... if it was just me having the airplay problem though. I would accept that maybe my ubiquity router mesh system some how isn’t powerful enough to support airplay on only this device. Lol. But I get Over 800mbps everywhere in the house. So I know it is a speaker problem. For everyone reading. Just use the Bose app to listen to Spotify and XM radio. Airplay would be nice tho for YouTube and stuff like that. Bluetooth works good but is a obvious loss in sound quality compared to airplay. 

IntejerSF
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2021

Same issue here. Unable to connect to. It actually worked for about a week.  Then stopped right around the last software update. I tried on two different home networks one was an Eero, and another for Xfinity. Nada.

My soundbar 500 is this pits too. It craps out every time there’s a software update.

Is Bose actually committed to staying in business?

kamolthorn
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2021

My Bose portable home speaker worked well with airplay begin of June . It seem to have the issue after firmware and app update. Now when I open app ( Apple music , NETFLIX, Youtube etc.) and start to stream the sound via Airplay. It pops up "Airplay unable to connect to Bose portable home speaker.

Very frustrating with this issue since I just brought it in June 21.  Hopefully Bose Engineer will find the solution and fix this issues. Thanks in advance