NRC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Airplay2 Lag and buggy

Hello Bose,

I have Bose700 eco system.

Recently using AirPlay 2 from Spotify and has lots of lag and bugged:
1. From Spotify or Music app- there a big lag of connecting. Change to next track takes few seconds. It is not the case when playing through Spotify connect. It does take more time to accept command in app.

2. once music stopped or paused, it does not come back again instantly and few tries of apps closing and reopen. Even some time on iPhone track is progressing but no sound from Soundbar 700 or comes to life after some minutes of silence. Connection is not seamless. It does feel lot of lag.

3. Response of Alexa when Music playing via AirPlay 2 from music app or Spotify: i have to scream at her to recognise it is listening or doesn’t work at all (Even from 1 foot distance in room) . But with Spotify connection i don’t have to scream at her. She listen to commands even i am in other rooms ( few of walls in between) works great. With AirPlay it is Krapp.

4. Finally words: it has lots of delays in response and buggy. AirPlay 2 is not perfect here. Are you planning fix this with an update?

Sorry for my bad English.

iPhone 7 Plus ios 12.2
Bose Soundbar 700+Bass Module 700+Surround ( in Europe)
Spotify 8.5.2.666
Wifi connection speed 120 mbps.
Wifi strength : Good (-49dBm) value from Bose app.
All firmware’s and apps are upto date.
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Airplay2 Lag and buggy

Hi NRC, 

Thanks for posting and providing us with that information. 

Have you attempted to perform a product reset on the Soundbar to see if this fixes your issue at all? This can be done via: 

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

I look forward to your response, 

Hector B 

NRC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Hi Hectar B,

Yes i did try following. But still same issue.

Thanks

Hi NRC, 

Thanks for confirming that for me. I will pass this information onto the development team to dig a little deeper into this to see what they can find. 

In the meantime, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

NRC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Thanks for information. I will wait for your solution.

Hi NRC, 

Thanks for posting and I appreciate your patience. 

Could you please attempt to move the Soundbar closer to the router to see if the issue persists? 

I would also recommend rebooting the router by unplugging it from power and leaving it for a few minutes before reconnecting it. 

Could you please also let me know which router you have? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

NRC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Hello Hector_B,
I followed the steps you have told, but no success in problem solving.

Please refer router make: (Unity Media internet service provider)
Manufacturer: COMPAL( cbn)
CH7465LG-LC
Thanks
Nitin

Hi NRC,

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. Have you attempted to another device to see if the issue persists? I would also recommend rebooting your device. 

In your router settings please ensure that WMM is disabled. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

NRC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Hello Hector_B,

As per suggestions, i have tried all, but still problem persists. This means Bose released unfinished AirPlay 2 software update. With Spotify connect absolutely no issues ( on same wifi, same settings). Please go back to your drawing board and check yourselves.
Please suggest.
Thanks

Hi NRC, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Our software updates are highly tested to ensure that they have no issues and work to perfection. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help and dig into this a little further for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B