Airplay2 Lag and buggy

Re: Airplay2 Lag and buggy

Hi NRC, 

Thanks again for your patience. I think that we should avoid the MAC filtering for now. 

There will be an update that I believe may fix this issue. Once again I appreciate your patience and your reply's on this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

NRC
Audible Advocate

Hi Hector B,

Thanks for reply. Yes MAC filter enabled, does not allow to connect with Spotify Connect or From Bose Music App. I will be waiting for update
Thanks

Hi NRC, 

Thanks for updating me on this. I will update you as soon as the update is available. 

Thanks again, 

Hector B 

Audible Advocate

I am experiencing the same problem too, especially using safari browser watching youtube videos and playing apple music on my Mac as sound output device. Many of the time the music starts counting but no sound is coming out, I need to move the player bar from the start and let the music sync with my soundbar 700 in order to start hearing sound.

Screenshot 2019-05-19 at 9.13.37 PM.png 

Community Manager

Hi Budoujp,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums and thank you for posting.

Thank you for your additional Airplay 2 feedback. Whilst we love the positive feedback we've heard from many users, we do have a firmware update releasing soon as Hector has mentioned above to address issues that users like yourself may be experiencing with using Airplay 2 on their Bose Smart Home Speakers. I encourage you to test your speakers when this firmware is released and we'd love to hear any feedback you have to share.

We do not currently have an exact timeline to share with you but appreciate your patience at this time. As we hear any news, we'd love to share this directly with the Community.

Kindest,

Andy B

Hi NRC, 

Thanks for your continued patience. 

Have you attempted to Remove and Re-add Alexa as suggested above? 

Also, does Alexa have issues hearing you depending on the volume of your Soundbar? 

Thanks, 

Hector B 

NRC
Audible Advocate

Hi Hector,

Yes I did re-add it. It has issues at lower volume as well.

Thanks
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi NRC,

Our development team has indicated that the latest update (4.0.9) should have resolved the lagging/bug issues you are having. Could you please confirm? Hopefully it's now the case!

Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Anne S

NRC
Audible Advocate

Hi Anne_S,

Thanks for an update.

1.I could see it is much faster and improved in terms of responsiveness. Ok still few seconds of waiting for change over from Spotify Connect to AirPlay 2 connected in Spotify app. But it is acceptable.

2. Alexa listens while AirPlay 2 in action.

Only problem I can experience and like to report here:

Switching from AirPlay 2 back to Spotify connect doesn’t work and here in Spotify app shows Sound bar is connected via Spotify connect but it doesn’t play current song; but only keeps skipping to next tracks in endless loop. This means problem of switching back to Spotify connect from AirPlay 2 don’t work. ( track keeps changing to next but no sound or no track progress). What would you say?

Thanks for fixing other problems, but reverting doesn’t work.

Animated Arbiter

@NRC 

I noticed same thing; spotify to airplay with no problem but airplay back to spotify not working and keep blocking.

And the song keep playing on the iPhone Control Centre, even is shows that is on spotify.

The only solution I found is to manually stop the playback of the track in iPhone Control Centre. In that moment the track start to play normally in spotify.

Is possible that this is a phone problem and not a Bose one.