Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Album cover not appearing on home speaker 500 screen

My home speaker has been working fine since the time I bought it. 

However lately(the past one week) the album artwork doesn't get displayed, it just continues showing the clock as the music goes on. 

I have tried resetting it, plugging it off and switching it back on, it works well for a day or two and back to not displaying album artwork. I usually play music through the bose app, Spotify remote. 

I read some previous posts on people who had this issue, however, I didn't find a fix. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Album cover not appearing on home speaker 500 screen

Hi SwarnaR, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the Album art on Spotify, I'll do all I can to assist you! 

I would suggest removing Spotify and then re-adding it. You can do this in the settings menu under Music Services> Remove. You can follow the same steps to add the service again. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

I keep having this issue in both of my Bose Home 500’s. It been doing it ever since I bought them.

i was given some steps to do a check for an update on the speaker Bu someone from Bose and this seemed to fix it. I asked that those steps were posted on their support pages as this was a common issue. They haven’t done that which is very disappointing 😞

I can’t find the steps anywhere that they sent me. I have the same issue again on one of my speakers. I will try and post the fix steps as it did not need a fu speaker reset which is a real pain in the backside to do for one speaker let alone two! Come on Bose, sort it out.

I expect better from a company like yours as you are known for your great speakers, however the software running on them sucks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Hi Jessie,

I am having this problem too and I realized it’s working fine if I’m using Spotify or Bose app to play the music until I use the smart playlist button on the speaker. Once I pressed those buttons to play music the album artwork is gone and never comes back. This should be a software bug. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2020

I also have this problem. Do you already have a solution for it?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Yes I've found this happens after one assigns something to a preset button on the speaker, such as a Spotify playlist as I did in my case.

It's certainly not acceptable Bose.  In the over crowded market of smart speakers and Bluetooth speakers,  this is a feature that stands out from the others.  You should be moving quickly to get this fixed.  As it stands right now,  the product does not represent as advertised. 

Highlighted

@Brad5480, I am sorry to hear this. Have you tried removing the service and trying again? As mentioned by Kerri, you can do this in the settings menu under Music Services> Remove. You can follow the same steps to add the service again. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!