Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fleandror
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Re: Alexa Multiroom music simultaneously on Bose and Echo devices

Cannot agree more with you @Sam_F and Vikki.Nelson@hotmail.com. It really doesn't solve the problem. I just needed to build quickly a workaround since I had an event coming and I wouldn't invest heavy money again. Recently my soundbar and Bose Speakers automatically brought a new SW verion, but no updates this direction, disappointment remains even bigger since I see they are not prioritizing this demand.

Itsjustmeee
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

As I said earlier in this post. Buying an echo input is the easiest work around. They are cheap and readily available on Amazon. You just pair the Bose Bluetooth with the echo input and then you assign it to the Multiroom group you have. At that point the only thing you have to do is tell your Bose sound bar to switch to Bluetooth input which can be done via an Alexa command or on the remote. It doesn’t excuse Bose because I do believe this feature should’ve been integrated into the system along time ago but if you do want to experience multi room sound and include your sound bar, this is the way to go.

ianof
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Hi, what is better, Echo Link or Echo Input? And do they impact the sound quality in any way? 

wife just bought me the Bose portable speaker with Alexa integrated as a birthday gift, and just found out I can’t use it on multi room with my other two Echos in the house. 😞

ianof
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Amazon Echo Inputs are unfortunately not on sale on their website in the UK where I live. Not sure if it's related to factories closing over the coronavirus and now struggling to keep up supplies.

Not much luck on eBay either.

fleandror
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

There are some testimonials in the thread Echo Dot had some issues, with delays between the devices, not sure about Echo Link. What we've tested was Echo Input. 

ianof
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Thanks! Next mission is to find an Echo Input, hope Amazon.co.uk get more in stock soon!

YiJia
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Your reply does not answer the question. Everyone is trying to add the Bose Soundbar to a speaker group to allow for multi room music. This is issue has been ongoing for years. Why hasn't Bose fixed this?

isThisPaul
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

How is this still not implemented. I suspect it would take Bose the better part of 15 minutes to implement this via the Amazon API.

Bose, get with the program and add multi-room Alexa support to these speakers today.

Victorhjl
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

Any information if this will be possible any time soon?

jrob08wde
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

Also interested in this.  Have my new Bose 700 theater system and Portable for a little over a week now.  Unpleasantly surprised this feature does not exist.  My neighbor-friend has Sonos, and loves to tell me I should have gone with them. 

Bose, please implement this feature before I have to return within 90 days.